I Bet You Can't Eat Just One

My family has a few classic recipes that are always a hit but the one for pumpkin cookies is an all time favorite. I've tried to make them myself but they never turn out the same in my gas oven as they do in my parent's electric one, so they always make me a batch and send them to me. But only once a year and only in October. It's a tradition that all my friends and co-workers look forward to with child-like anticipation. They are really that good and that well known. If you decide to make these cookies, and I highly recommend that you do, you might want to consider making two batches. They are not only delicious but also highly addictive and you definitely won't be able to eat just one!

Pumpkin Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup butter
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup raisins

Glaze:
¼ cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 – 2 tablespoons milk

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, pumpkin, butter and orange peel. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Drop by teaspoon onto un-greased baking sheet. Bake until light golden brown about 8-10 minutes. Immediately remove from baking sheet and cool. Spread with glaze. Enjoy!

Check out this stream