Kelly Wearstler at Bergdorf Goodman

Do you ever get the feeling that it's Kelly Wearstler's world and we just live in it? I had the opportunity to attend her product launch and boutique opening at Bergdorf Goodman Friday night and the party was so hot that it set off the fire alarm! I knew it wasn't going to be a typical Bergdorf's party since some people paid to attend through House and Garden's Design Week. I don't pay to attend parties unless they are a benefit and you could tell those who paid because they hung around the perimeter staring at Ms. Wearster in star struck wonder. My friend and I on the other hand had no problem introducing ourselves to the woman of the hour and she was even gracious enough to pose for a photo. I have to say that she whippet-thin and unbelievably beautiful in real life and her new collection is beyond chic. It's also beyond expensive. I wish I had asked her if a lower priced line was in the works but it was so busy and crowded I totally forgot. If there isn't one, I may have to call up Tar-jay myself and suggest one so I can afford a little piece of chic from the most stylish woman in the design world!

If you've ever been to the 7th Floor of Bergdorf's, then you'll know that it has very low ceilings and is a maze of little rooms. Not exactly conducive to a party so the place was packed and hotter than Hades as summer doesn't want to seem to let autumn take over in New York. So I apologize for the following photos. They're definitely not the best I've ever taken but I wanted you to get a peak inside the Kelly Wearstler boutique.

The room couldn't be any bigger than 12 feet by about 6 feet. It's a tiny little jewel box of a space with niches on the back and side wall that frame little vignettes of merchandise while the middle table displays all sorts of objects d'art.
I think the mix of silver and gold is fun especially since I don't think it's someone would think to do at home. You usually pick one or the other.

Everyone was loving the hands that come in gold and silver. I picked up one to find that it was over $1400 and I think that was just for one, not even the pair. But then again, what would you expect at Bergdorf's. It's a store devoted to fantasy and luxury.

There were quite a few Roman inspired pieces like the foot above and a few busts like the small one below. While the metal spiked orbs were inspired by vintage pieces in Kelly's personal collection and are available in chrome and brass and three different sizes.

I know I look forward to seeing what Kelly Wearster comes up with next and I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be able to afford it! Until then, I'll continue to visit her boutique and drool. Oh, and in case you haven't had enough, the designer also graces the cover of A Fashionable Life, a special issue of Harper's Bazaar. See, I told you it's Kelly Wearstler's world and we're just living in it!

Check out this stream