Gwyneth Paltrow Chandelier Update

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the behind the scenes look at the Gwyneth Paltrow photo shoot for House and Garden. I don't want to beat a dead horse but there was a lot of interest in and questions about the Tord Boontje for Swarovski Crystal Palace Blossom Chandelier that hung in Gwyneth's dining room that I thought I would take a second to answer everyone.

House and Garden has Gwyneth Paltrow's Decorating Notebook posted online today but they failed to mention the chandelier, probably because they knew you would fall over from shock when you found out how much it costs! The large Blossom Chandelier which is what Gwyneth has costs $37,500! And in case that's too much for you, the small Blossom Chandelier costs only $22,500. A veritable bargain! Just kidding. I think it's actually quite ridiculous for something that was designed in 2002 to cost so much. An 18th-century antique is understandable to me but Swarovski chandelier kind of boggles my mind. But then again, I'm not a movie star with an unlimited budget. In case you aren't either, then I suggest the Garland Light suspension lamp below also from Tord Boontje at a must more reasonable $90. It comes in brass or silver and would be fun in a kid's room or a modern apartment. Or you could always find something cheap and vintage and spruce it up. That's usually my first inclination but I'm curious as to what you all think.


I also thought you might want to see another photo Eric Cahan sent me of Gwyneth during the photo shoot. I guess we can add stylist to her new list of job titles. I thought it was a cute photo. Of course, if they were shooting my home, I would probably be obsessing just like her! And I promise no more Gwyneth Paltrow posts this week!

Photos courtesy of Eric Cahan and Moss

Check out this stream