Broadway in Soho is quickly becoming the new shopping destination for home design. CB2 opens today at 451 Broadway and is only the third store in the US for the lesser priced modern design off-shoot of Crate and Barrel.
While on November 16th, Muji finally opens it's first US store at 455 Broadway at exactly 12 noon with over 3,200 square feet of retail space and more than 2,000 products for sale including housewares, fabric, furniture, appliances, apparel and more. I can already envision a line out the door to buy their minimalist designed products.
I don't think it's any coincidence that both of these stores are moving in right down the street from the original reasonably priced design mecca, Pearl River Mart. If you've never been to Pearl River Mart, you don't know what you are missing. I can't go there without buying something fun. It's a fabulous place to buy gifts. They carry a wide array of Asian tableware in a myriad of patterns and styles but also have a great selection of plain white tableware downstairs that are perfect for parties or just those who want simple dishes at a great price. If you are in need of a Buddha, some foo dogs, even chopsticks, this is the place to go.
As excited as I am for CB2 and especially Muji, I really hope they don't force out stores like Pearl River Mart. They are what make New York so unique and exciting!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- Wendy Goodman + Tony Duquette = Perfection!
- An Eventful Evening
- malm media unit with flip down doors
- hacks for the holidays
- Animal House
- buffalo bill wardrobe and room divider
- Green is the New Black!
- a virtual reality ikea hacker
- A Gift that Keeps on Giving!
- a bedside beauty
- a photo frame clock
- Thanksgiving in New York
- redeeming the dalselv bed
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Birthday!
- chopping board to bathroom shelf
- Life is a Banquet!
- a desk of flowers for maisie
- New Blogger Friend
- some questions ....
- children's book storage
- Duquette Inspired?
- Color Me Happy!
- Amaze Me!
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!
- Technical Difficulties
- kid's bed with a little cupola
- lack coffeetable with painted squares
- 7th on Sale!
- a ramberg laundry hamper
- Let There Be Light
- Is It Art?
- vilan recliner goes deeper
- Kiku: The Art of the Japanese Chrysanthemum
- Let Your Imagination Set You Free
- Habitually Chic Winter Dress
- wall display cabinet for books
- a neat and slim laundry hamper
- flip a hemnes loft bed into a princess bed
- Habitually Un-Chic Magazine: Architectural Digest
- a rocking sink seat
- limited space? just double up the storage
- And Now For Some Good News
- Say It Isn't So!
- say hi to ikeanblog
- House Tour: Harriet Maxwell Macdonald
- all in one mobile workstation
- Habitually Chic Place to Eat: Freemans
- inspiration: mark marcinik's ikea hacks
- ▼ November (51)
- ► 2006 (137)