this is an interesting one from ben. it's not a hack, but a virtual hack!
he says, "i made, not exactly an ikea hack, but a virtual ikea hack. it's a vr cave environment where you get to cross-breed ikea (for example, leksvik desk + billy bookcase) to get these strange mutations and constructivist sculptures.
oh, actually there is kind of an ikea hack in there. the projection screen is a 2-projector stereoscopic immersive display. one of the challenges in setting up these VR systems is precisely aligning two video projectors; usually they're stacked, and have to be very carefully angled so the images map up. there are slide projector racks out there that do this, but they're really large, and not so easily available anymore; and VR is such a niche market that there are not many products specifically for this. we got a 1' x 1' shelf and 4 metal legs (about 6" long) with threaded feet for adjusting the height. i think they were for an entertainment center or something. this makes a very nicely adjustable projector rack."
see more pictures of it at www.bcchang.com
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- Wendy Goodman + Tony Duquette = Perfection!
- An Eventful Evening
- malm media unit with flip down doors
- hacks for the holidays
- Animal House
- buffalo bill wardrobe and room divider
- Green is the New Black!
- a virtual reality ikea hacker
- A Gift that Keeps on Giving!
- a bedside beauty
- a photo frame clock
- Thanksgiving in New York
- redeeming the dalselv bed
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Birthday!
- chopping board to bathroom shelf
- Life is a Banquet!
- a desk of flowers for maisie
- New Blogger Friend
- some questions ....
- children's book storage
- Duquette Inspired?
- Color Me Happy!
- Amaze Me!
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!
- Technical Difficulties
- kid's bed with a little cupola
- lack coffeetable with painted squares
- 7th on Sale!
- a ramberg laundry hamper
- Let There Be Light
- Is It Art?
- vilan recliner goes deeper
- Kiku: The Art of the Japanese Chrysanthemum
- Let Your Imagination Set You Free
- Habitually Chic Winter Dress
- wall display cabinet for books
- a neat and slim laundry hamper
- flip a hemnes loft bed into a princess bed
- Habitually Un-Chic Magazine: Architectural Digest
- a rocking sink seat
- limited space? just double up the storage
- And Now For Some Good News
- Say It Isn't So!
- say hi to ikeanblog
- House Tour: Harriet Maxwell Macdonald
- all in one mobile workstation
- Habitually Chic Place to Eat: Freemans
- inspiration: mark marcinik's ikea hacks
- ▼ November (51)
- ► 2006 (137)