Friday, November 16, 2007
As I was saying before my computer decided to stage a revolt, I attended the launch of the Tony Duquette book and the holiday window unveiling party at Bergdorf Goodman Wednesday night. The windows were inspired by Tony Duquette and all I can say is the Bergdorf's has outdone themselves! They always have the most elegant, stylish, creative, interesting holiday windows but these are beyond beautiful. The leopard carpet was pretty crowded so I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. I think I may have to go back and take more detail shots because there is so much to look at and take in. I think the elephant might be my favorite.
The party was obviously the social event of the holiday season since it was packed to the gills with the fashionable and the fabulous. Linda Fargo of Bergdorf's looked amazing in her Duquette inspired ensemble. There were also a bevy of designers there to buy the special $250 limited edition boxed Tony Duquette book. I saw Antony Todd, John Barman and Steven Gambrel, who my friend and I chatted up. He really is the nicest man. Even Caroline Kennedy and her husband showed up!
If you happen to be in New York over the holidays, you must make a special trip to see the windows at Bergdorf's! And if you can't, you must definitely buy the Tony Duquette book. Either way, you will definitely be inspired by the most creative man who ever lived!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- Wendy Goodman + Tony Duquette = Perfection!
- An Eventful Evening
- malm media unit with flip down doors
- hacks for the holidays
- Animal House
- buffalo bill wardrobe and room divider
- Green is the New Black!
- a virtual reality ikea hacker
- A Gift that Keeps on Giving!
- a bedside beauty
- a photo frame clock
- Thanksgiving in New York
- redeeming the dalselv bed
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Birthday!
- chopping board to bathroom shelf
- Life is a Banquet!
- a desk of flowers for maisie
- New Blogger Friend
- some questions ....
- children's book storage
- Duquette Inspired?
- Color Me Happy!
- Amaze Me!
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!
- Technical Difficulties
- kid's bed with a little cupola
- lack coffeetable with painted squares
- 7th on Sale!
- a ramberg laundry hamper
- Let There Be Light
- Is It Art?
- vilan recliner goes deeper
- Kiku: The Art of the Japanese Chrysanthemum
- Let Your Imagination Set You Free
- Habitually Chic Winter Dress
- wall display cabinet for books
- a neat and slim laundry hamper
- flip a hemnes loft bed into a princess bed
- Habitually Un-Chic Magazine: Architectural Digest
- a rocking sink seat
- limited space? just double up the storage
- And Now For Some Good News
- Say It Isn't So!
- say hi to ikeanblog
- House Tour: Harriet Maxwell Macdonald
- all in one mobile workstation
- Habitually Chic Place to Eat: Freemans
- inspiration: mark marcinik's ikea hacks
- ▼ November (51)
- ► 2006 (137)