Hacks today are for the kiddos. I'm posting this from Jodie, who takes little Billy to play in the kitchen. Check in again this afternoon, more kid kitchens coming up.
She says, "I created this play kitchen for my son out of a older model Billy low bookcase (much like the Billy/Nyckelby available today). I removed the cabinet doors and readjusted the shelving to the right 'counter' height for my little guy. A friend helped me drill/cut a few holes for a rimmed stainless sink basin (a mixing bowl from a kitchen supply store), a sprayer and oven knobs (from the hardware store), and real faucet (from our local Habitat for Humanity re-sale store -$2). Then stocked the kitchen with tableware, cookware, appliances and food. The burners are black plastic coasters. The "backsplash" is the Busig placemat. LCD light over the range.
Traby play kitchen
And this one's from Sara, via Apartment Therapy. (Thanks Chris, Carrie!).
The main unit is from a Traby shelf unit, with loads of other Ikea knick knacks to make up the kitchen.
See instructions for Sara's play kitchen.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Great Room by KA Desig...
- DIY hacked cold frame for the garden
- Get dirrty.
- Bachelorette Pad Update
- Billy bird
- Hamptons Designer Showhouse: Rooms by Katie Ridder...
- What to do with the ugly side of things
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Dining Room by Marshal...
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Plans
- Ikea PS locker into litter box
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Screened Porch by Brad...
- Got Holes?
- Hamptons Designer Showhouse
- Recover your armchair
- What's in the box?
- Ikea blue shopping bag into messenger bag
- Connecticut Classic: HB Home
- Monday fun!
- Habitually Chic Field Trip to Connecticut!
- Making your plain books pretty.
- Armchair Shopping With Willow Decor
- Edith Bouvier Beale Book
- Bon Weekend!
- Desk for IKEA Lo bed
- A Visit with Covetable Designs
- Bonde sideboard
- Clearing out the clutter.
- Off the Beaten Path in Paris
- Cijaye gets the Perfekt scrapbooking room
- Spectacular Pool Houses!
- Leksvik craft table
- Chic and Comfortable
- Ordning cutlery stand lamp
- House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year
- When FAB happens by accident. (And for FREE.)
- Plagarism is Not Chic
- Another Peek in to Linda Banks Home
- Merci beaucoup!
- Versailles à vélo
- The September Issue
- Grono gets some legs
- Oh la la ... it's a beauty
- The World in Vogue
- No More Mondays
- Art Lovers and other things...
- Fashionably Chic
- This is no wallflower
- Georgia Tapert House Tour
- Conglomerate media desk
- The details of the deck.
- Don't judge a book by its cover...
- In Memoriam: Julius Shulman (1910-2009)
- Rast bedside table turned printer rack
- J.Crew Fall 2009
- Hacked desk from Mikael drawer units
- A Peek into Linda Banks' Kitchen
- Habitually Chic Boutique: Etos
- One for fat candles
- A felt cover for Grono
- A deck reveal!
- Stockholm TV unit with glass doors
- An easy to DIY TV stand
- A leg up for this coffee table
- Vive la France!
- Dotted Regolit lamp shade
- I can't resist a par-tay!
- Back in the High Line Again
- Summer Showering Outdoors
- Triple Threat Miles Fisher
- Blog Anniversary!
- Table runner pillows.
- Gone Shoppin'
- Recycled play kitchen
- More play kitchens
- Vintage style play kitchen
- Billy can play too
- Placemat pillows
- Expedit storage and room divider from HGTV guy
- Summer Reading List
- Expedit bookcase cover up
- Christopher Peacock Returns!
- Waste not the flatpack boxes
- Ikea Expedit Asian inspired entertainment center
- Tips for a Stylish Summer...
- Bon Appetit!
- Our unfinished finished basement.
- I. am. pooped.
- Back to Work
- Twin to queen bed
- Retail therapy.
- Happy 4th of July Weekend!
- Landing strip storage with "face recognition"
- Danish Wedding Plans
- Weekend Chic
- A TV unit rerun
- ▼ July (95)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)