A vintage suitcase laptop table


Materials: Dave laptop table

Description: This is my second luggage project. I love to upcycle old luggage into tables, so it seems. This guy was given to me in his original pre-loved state by a wonderful man I work with during the holidays when he heard I was into 'the luggage'. He had used it and found it in the garage, unloved, and lovingly gave him to me to upcycle and make useful. Perfection.


Blue Footed Bobby, as it also turns out, is an Ikea Hack. Once I completed cleaning, priming, painting and finishing up his stripes with some magic shiny tape I was on the hunt for legs. He's not a large suitcase, just the right size, medium. He needed legs that matched his style and size. I hunted and hunted for something inexpensive and suitable. What did I end up using? The base from my very own best friend of a laptop table from Ikea, Dave. Height adjustable, tiltable and so so birdlike, I loved the idea in my mind. With a little cleaning, some paint and a simple transplant of hardware he was born. Without any further explanation, let me introduce Blue Footed Bobby.


See more of the Blue Footed Bobby.

~ keeley d., ontario, canada

Check out this stream