Kathy added a few touches to the Pax wardrobe to create this warm, woody closet. If I didn't know better, I'll think it's a spa and stretch out for a massage.
"I found your web site quite by accident and felt I had located long lost relatives I never knew existed. I have been hacking Ikea items for years but never knew the practice had a name (or a following). Here are photos of just one of my favorite projects. This is my master bedroom closet that I outfitted entirely in Ikea pieces (mostly Pax wardrobes but also drawer units that I’ve forgotten the name of and the ever-popular Expedit. (I worship at the altar of Expedit.)
I started with plain, birch wardrobe doors and embellished them with 4 elements:
- brown and black toile wrapping paper
- expanded metal that I custom-painted with hammered bronze spray paint
- wood trim that I also painted with hammered bronze spray paint
- and finally, door handles made from curtain rods screwed in sideways
I also mounted a Christmas wreath around the main light and wired it to a remote control switch. I use it for ambient lighting.
It is my favorite room in the house, even though it's only a closet. Enjoy!"
- ► 2010 (1372)
- TDC Top Ten!
- Chic Cards
- Happy Holidays!
- Work table for sound equipment
- A Low Key New Year's Eve
- Trofast Igloo
- Pretty in Plum
- Cozy Cabin
- Packing up Christmas
- Yes Please!
- Great expectations
- Merry Christmas!
- Over the river and through the woods...
- Expedit hamster home
- Merry Christmas to me!
- O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
- Vote Early and Often!
- Expedit shelving unit as an open kitchen bar
- Kindred Spirit Christmas!
- Tabletop Tannenbaums
- Ikea light wreath
- Choo choo tree!
- A Carolyne Roehm Christmas
- More Giveaway Winners!
- Ikea green christmas
- Valentino: A Perfect Life
- Ho! Ho! Ho! (A Santa craft.)
- Snow Day!
- My Living Room Evolution
- The Young Victoria: Part Deux
- My fruity kitchen at Christmas!
- Williams-Sonoma Home Cashmere Blanket Winners!
- Advent calendar made from Wilma tab-top curtain
- Happy Holidays from Habitually Chic!
- Day Four Giveaway: HUE by Kelly Wearstler
- Stolmen post room divider
- A Single Man Sofa
- Day Three Giveaway: Diane James Amaryllis Bouquet
- Stolmen bike stand mod for carpet flooring
- Andy's Fifteen Minutes
- A festive kitchen table
- Day 2 Giveaway: New Classic Interiors
- Big roomy cat litter
- When it rains...
- Habitually Chic Week of Giveaways!
- Ivar shelving comes alive as Enzo Mari dining tab...
- A Christmas tree party!
- Christmas in the West Village
- For the love of Overstock
- The Young Victoria
- Old Ektorp cushion slipcover to a dog bed
- How to take a great picture
- Lonny: Issue 2
- Ung Drill Chalk Board
- The JOY of red!
- HUE by Kelly Wearstler
- Thank you!
- My Conservatory, Framed Intaglios & Holiday Decora...
- The bench, the bag and the Snudda
- Shhh...we're eating!
- A closet to snuggle in
- The dining hutch Christmasfied
- Design Inspiration
- Blue Christmas: Part Deux
- The Kong is in
- How I throw a Christmas party
- Blue Christmas
- Christmas at Ralph Lauren
- Sleeping under the stars
- Holiday House 2009
- Entertainment unit from Stolmen and Lack pieces
- The kitchen trees
- Having a Ball
- Laptop stand for working in bed
- I'm ready for my close up!
- Skruvsta office chair makeover
- Deck the stairs
- Make mine a double!
- Holiday Decorating in White - Part II
- A solar powered strobe-opto-theremin-synth-thing
- Have your year-end party with this home bar
- ▼ December (83)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)