No hacking here, but if you have a doggie, you may appreciate the tip. And yeah, I couldn't resist posting up the pic of Molly's cute dog, Colonel Mustard.
Molly shares, "After 5 years of heavy use, my Ektorp Lindalen sofabed slipcover needed to be replaced. I sprung for a new one when I bought my house, but had the old one left over and didn't know what to do with it. I also needed a place for my beagle, Colonel Mustard, to hang out...and preferably not my newly-recovered couch.
The Colonel has had a rough time with dog beds - either he figures out how to chew them up or he ignores them. I noticed one day that his favorite place to curl up was my laundry pile, so I came up with the idea to stuff the retired cushion slipcover with old/stained/torn/worn-out clothes as well as a few old, deflated pillows. Stuffed it all in, zipped it right up, no sewing or construction needed.
It didn't cost me a dime, it's heavy-duty canvas, and more importantly, he LOVES it and hasn't even tried to chew at it. I'm thinking it calms him when I'm gone because his owner's scent is already built in by nature. But even if he ends up nibbling at it, it's ok - I've got 3 more cushion covers left from the old slipcover!"
- ► 2010 (1372)
- TDC Top Ten!
- Chic Cards
- Happy Holidays!
- Work table for sound equipment
- A Low Key New Year's Eve
- Trofast Igloo
- Pretty in Plum
- Cozy Cabin
- Packing up Christmas
- Yes Please!
- Great expectations
- Merry Christmas!
- Over the river and through the woods...
- Expedit hamster home
- Merry Christmas to me!
- O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
- Vote Early and Often!
- Expedit shelving unit as an open kitchen bar
- Kindred Spirit Christmas!
- Tabletop Tannenbaums
- Ikea light wreath
- Choo choo tree!
- A Carolyne Roehm Christmas
- More Giveaway Winners!
- Ikea green christmas
- Valentino: A Perfect Life
- Ho! Ho! Ho! (A Santa craft.)
- Snow Day!
- My Living Room Evolution
- The Young Victoria: Part Deux
- My fruity kitchen at Christmas!
- Williams-Sonoma Home Cashmere Blanket Winners!
- Advent calendar made from Wilma tab-top curtain
- Happy Holidays from Habitually Chic!
- Day Four Giveaway: HUE by Kelly Wearstler
- Stolmen post room divider
- A Single Man Sofa
- Day Three Giveaway: Diane James Amaryllis Bouquet
- Stolmen bike stand mod for carpet flooring
- Andy's Fifteen Minutes
- A festive kitchen table
- Day 2 Giveaway: New Classic Interiors
- Big roomy cat litter
- When it rains...
- Habitually Chic Week of Giveaways!
- Ivar shelving comes alive as Enzo Mari dining tab...
- A Christmas tree party!
- Christmas in the West Village
- For the love of Overstock
- The Young Victoria
- Old Ektorp cushion slipcover to a dog bed
- How to take a great picture
- Lonny: Issue 2
- Ung Drill Chalk Board
- The JOY of red!
- HUE by Kelly Wearstler
- Thank you!
- My Conservatory, Framed Intaglios & Holiday Decora...
- The bench, the bag and the Snudda
- Shhh...we're eating!
- A closet to snuggle in
- The dining hutch Christmasfied
- Design Inspiration
- Blue Christmas: Part Deux
- The Kong is in
- How I throw a Christmas party
- Blue Christmas
- Christmas at Ralph Lauren
- Sleeping under the stars
- Holiday House 2009
- Entertainment unit from Stolmen and Lack pieces
- The kitchen trees
- Having a Ball
- Laptop stand for working in bed
- I'm ready for my close up!
- Skruvsta office chair makeover
- Deck the stairs
- Make mine a double!
- Holiday Decorating in White - Part II
- A solar powered strobe-opto-theremin-synth-thing
- Have your year-end party with this home bar
- ▼ December (83)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)