Bonde Credenza Hack


Materials: Bonde

Description: Here are a few pics of a recent hack to the Bonde credenza I've had since college. I was inspired by George Nelson and Florence Knoll and tried to give it more of a mid-century modern look.

Before

The basic how to:
First, we removed the doors from the piece, making sure to keep all of the original hardware together. Then I lightly sanded it, and primed it with a high adhesion oil based primer. We had the plywood doors precut to size at our local hardware store, and my husband sanded those down, and drilled the holes for the hardware, using the old doors as a guide.

After he was done with that, I primed those as well. Once the primer was dry, I painted the sideboard with an oil based semi gloss enamel. Warning- this takes a looong time to dry. I followed the label on the can, and didn't apply the second coat for another 18 hours. Then, the same thing for each one of the doors. Two
coats was absolutely necessary. I used a high density foam roller for the paint because I found that it gave the smoothest finish.

Then, we put the original hardware on the new doors and attached those to the main cabinet. The last step was adding the new pulls.

See more if the Bonde credenza

~ Iris

Check out this stream