Monday, November 29, 2010
Materials: Malm 6 Drawer Dresser, chair rail molding, drawer handles, claw feet,
Description: I started with a black/brown Malm 6 drawer dresser.
Knowing I wanted to lift it off the ground with these claw feet, I needed to re-enforce the structure so the particle board wouldn't shatter. Using 2" x 2" "furring strips" from home depot. I made a frame out of the furring strips that I screwed into the inside lining of the bottom of the dresser.
Next, lift the dresser and put the feet under it. Line up the feet, and drive 3" construction screws through the furring strip frame and down into the feet.
Next, screw a 1" thick, 3" wide strip of wood to the front of the dresser just below the bottom drawer- this way you'll have a flat front to the dresser.
Using chair rail molding, make frames for the drawers, I just used a miter box to make the 45 degree cuts.
Sand, Prime, and Paint the dresser. Then glue or screw on the molding frames you made to the front of the drawers. Add drawer pulls/handles if you like!
~ Alex P, Atlanta, Ga
- Santa hat craft
- A Blue and White Wedding
- Fold up workshop
- Bookcase with scratching post and hammock
- Let the magic begin! (The mantels.)
- A Royal Residence
- Chest of drawers to a bed
- Woodsy, antique ikea table
- Luxe Loft Living
- Malm Dresser Up-Do
- Silhouette discount code and a winner!
- Eight more hours!
- Elegant Holiday Inspiration
- Bedroom dress boys
- Queen-size MALM Murphy Hack
- Bon Weekend
- Enclosed Lack entertainment center
- Nature-inspired Enje roller blind
- Giveaway Weekend!
- At Home in Rome
- Alex Credenza
- Patrull air cleaner hack
- From trash to tea table
- Thanksgiving Inspiration
- Attitude of Gratitude
- Turn your blah Fjellse into a FAB upholstered bed
- The dreaded Kids Train Table with a new twist
- Thanksgiving Table Inspiration
- IKEA shelf-evators
- Art Collector's Paradise
- Lack gone oriental
- IKEA Play Supermarket
- Shining Charm
- Silhouette Craft Cutter Giveaway!
- Trash to treasure- Literally!
- Blue Monday
- Waooouu! How did you find a TV that fits perfectly...
- The Selby and The Spades
- Windows at Bergdorf Goodman
- Surroundings Holiday E-Magazine & Saturday's Mark...
- Giant drum shade pendant for 13 bucks
- Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows 2010
- EXPEDIT board in IKEA sale corner to a nice coffee...
- Here's What You're Saying & The "How To"!
- Giveaway weekend!
- GRONO/JUTIS Floorstand Lamp
- Great stamp collection on the Rast
- Thanksgiving Centerpieces
- The Olivia Palermo Show
- Barneys 2010: Have a Foodie Holiday!
- Masking tape my IKEA world
- The garage decrapification (again)
- Winners and a video
- Malm bed with loads of underbed storage
- Templeton: Part Deux
- Bonde sideboard with tree legs
- Wild Thing Chair
- Welcome Back Thru Dutch Doors
- Mama’s got a brand new tool
- Everything's Coming Up Daisy
- The Art of the Scrapbook
- A hidden memo board
- Don't Call it a Comeback
- Lack Torrone Table
- Mr. Hadley's Finest Room
- Ikea Avsikt now soft closes!
- VIKA desk goes glam
- Designer Visions: Steven Gambrel for Town & Countr...
- A thankful foyer
- A Night Off
- Sunny in Soho
- Giveaway Weekend!
- "Minibar" Ikea Style
- Jolie Laide
- Lack shelving unit as dining benches
- Bonde Credenza Hack
- Designer Visions: Wall Street by Richard Hallberg
- Making the old new again (spray paint love)
- Hacker help: Any ideas on how to turn the Mala int...
- Color Wheel Sunburst Skoj Clock
- Lovely Lime Wood
- How To: Make a Mod Chandelier (for under $10.00!)
- IVETOFTA Industrial Firepot
- Reporting in Style
- The Maskros flower
- Tricky Tricky! (Window treatments)
- Thanks Ivy & Piper!
- Turn Jonisk table lamp into pendant
- Designer Visions: Phoebe and Jim Howard for House ...
- I was a rockstar, hanging guitar
- Giveaway winners!
- Joan Mitchell: The Last Decade
- IKEA blue bag dress
- Sweet Nothings
- Lovely English Tudor- Is that in London?
- When Chanel met IKEA - fall fur accessories
- Old coffee presses for new
- Get ready (cause here it comes!!)
- A Fashionably Chic Retreat
- Heat Wave
- ▼ November (127)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)