Monday, November 29, 2010
Materials: 4 drawer Malm x 2 and a saw
Moved house and needed a new single bed.
Removed the draws measured 20" from the top down to the base of the second front cross piece.
Mark and saw in half....same again to the second set of draws.
Screw them all together make a new top (making the bed base) for the lower halves add an 8" by 37" shelf to the bottom replace the draws and you have lots of storage and a single bed base new mattress = a comfy single bed.
We will use the remaining draw fronts to make open shelves in the same bedroom.
All will be primed and painted white.
See more of Suz's Malm dresser bed.
~ Suz, Shropshire UK
- Santa hat craft
- A Blue and White Wedding
- Fold up workshop
- Bookcase with scratching post and hammock
- Let the magic begin! (The mantels.)
- A Royal Residence
- Chest of drawers to a bed
- Woodsy, antique ikea table
- Luxe Loft Living
- Malm Dresser Up-Do
- Silhouette discount code and a winner!
- Eight more hours!
- Elegant Holiday Inspiration
- Bedroom dress boys
- Queen-size MALM Murphy Hack
- Bon Weekend
- Enclosed Lack entertainment center
- Nature-inspired Enje roller blind
- Giveaway Weekend!
- At Home in Rome
- Alex Credenza
- Patrull air cleaner hack
- From trash to tea table
- Thanksgiving Inspiration
- Attitude of Gratitude
- Turn your blah Fjellse into a FAB upholstered bed
- The dreaded Kids Train Table with a new twist
- Thanksgiving Table Inspiration
- IKEA shelf-evators
- Art Collector's Paradise
- Lack gone oriental
- IKEA Play Supermarket
- Shining Charm
- Silhouette Craft Cutter Giveaway!
- Trash to treasure- Literally!
- Blue Monday
- Waooouu! How did you find a TV that fits perfectly...
- The Selby and The Spades
- Windows at Bergdorf Goodman
- Surroundings Holiday E-Magazine & Saturday's Mark...
- Giant drum shade pendant for 13 bucks
- Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows 2010
- EXPEDIT board in IKEA sale corner to a nice coffee...
- Here's What You're Saying & The "How To"!
- Giveaway weekend!
- GRONO/JUTIS Floorstand Lamp
- Great stamp collection on the Rast
- Thanksgiving Centerpieces
- The Olivia Palermo Show
- Barneys 2010: Have a Foodie Holiday!
- Masking tape my IKEA world
- The garage decrapification (again)
- Winners and a video
- Malm bed with loads of underbed storage
- Templeton: Part Deux
- Bonde sideboard with tree legs
- Wild Thing Chair
- Welcome Back Thru Dutch Doors
- Mama’s got a brand new tool
- Everything's Coming Up Daisy
- The Art of the Scrapbook
- A hidden memo board
- Don't Call it a Comeback
- Lack Torrone Table
- Mr. Hadley's Finest Room
- Ikea Avsikt now soft closes!
- VIKA desk goes glam
- Designer Visions: Steven Gambrel for Town & Countr...
- A thankful foyer
- A Night Off
- Sunny in Soho
- Giveaway Weekend!
- "Minibar" Ikea Style
- Jolie Laide
- Lack shelving unit as dining benches
- Bonde Credenza Hack
- Designer Visions: Wall Street by Richard Hallberg
- Making the old new again (spray paint love)
- Hacker help: Any ideas on how to turn the Mala int...
- Color Wheel Sunburst Skoj Clock
- Lovely Lime Wood
- How To: Make a Mod Chandelier (for under $10.00!)
- IVETOFTA Industrial Firepot
- Reporting in Style
- The Maskros flower
- Tricky Tricky! (Window treatments)
- Thanks Ivy & Piper!
- Turn Jonisk table lamp into pendant
- Designer Visions: Phoebe and Jim Howard for House ...
- I was a rockstar, hanging guitar
- Giveaway winners!
- Joan Mitchell: The Last Decade
- IKEA blue bag dress
- Sweet Nothings
- Lovely English Tudor- Is that in London?
- When Chanel met IKEA - fall fur accessories
- Old coffee presses for new
- Get ready (cause here it comes!!)
- A Fashionably Chic Retreat
- Heat Wave
- ▼ November (127)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)