NYFW Fall 2011: Tory Burch

We interrupt our vacation slide show to bring you a look at some of the fashion shows I have been attending this week. One of my favorites is always Tory Burch.  She always shows wearable yet interesting outfits with a hint of nostalgia that I can always imagine myself wearing. For Fall 2011, she told WWD that her inspiration was "the outdoors meets texture and subtle sex appeal, with a nod to William Morris." The show was actually a hybrid of a presentation and a runway show with the audience sitting on the floor.  I actually preferred her regular presentation last season since it was more fun but I'll let this slide since I really liked every look that wafted down the runway. 

Coats are the hot item this season and it will be hard to choose just one to buy this fall.

Big thanks to Joyann King, Senior Web Editor at Harper's Bazaar who was sitting beside me and alerted me to the fact that Tory was actually standing in the crowd across the way.  She's standing beside Jay Fielden the new editor in chief of Town and Country and dermatological surgeon, Dr. Patricia Wexler. I actually chatted with Ms. Wexler while waiting to enter and it took all my willpower not to beg her to give me a little pro bono nip tuck! Can you also spot art dealer Blair Voltz Clarke in the crowd?
 
I think every person at every fashion show this week has had a camera.  Unfortunately, that means they also get into everyone else's camera shot!

One of my favorite looks!  I love myself a tie neck blouse!

I was so happy to see longer hemlines and sleeves on many of the runways including Tory Burch.  I especially love a longer skirt with a stacked heel boot.  Very 1970's and very chic!

Tory said this was one of her favorite looks.  I'd wear the blouse but I'm too short for the pants.

Tory Burch is also planning a new uptown boutique at 797 Madison Avenue at 68th Street.  It should be open this fall and will be a welcome addition to my neighborhood!

Red is also a popular color for fall 2011.  As an Aries, it's supposedly my color but I don't wear much red.  I think that will definitely change this autumn.

Absolutely love these boots!

One of my favorite dresses!

Another version of the stacked heel boots.

Another favorite look!

Love the hat and her smile!

Harper's Bazaar caught Tory outside the Lincoln Center tents before her show.  She was wearing the same plaid pants and sparkly blouse from her show. 

Here are some of my other favorite looks that I managed to photograph as well as the professional runway shots.  I love when you can see the movement of the pants and their hair.  I may need a bigger closet come fall 2011.  It looks like it's going to be a fabulous season for fashion! 





Photos from Tory Burch, Harper's Bazaar, Style.com and moi!

Check out this stream