this is from morgan satterfield of l.a. while morgan's first choice was the pax, it was added up to be too pricey for a rental. so, he bought the cheaper kullen instead and the rest is ... one project after another.
"i recently moved into a loft in downtown los angeles with zero closet space. the pax system was my first choice, but once I sat down and added up all i wanted, it was just too much to spend on a rental.
so i bought the cheapy kullen wardrobe (pic, left) and painted it a high gloss white. i used an oil based sign painters enamel called "one shot" (since i had a gallon of it lying around). once the wardrobe was sanded i filled the handle holes with spackle and rolled two coats of paint on it. the paint is great! it gives a very smooth but tough glossy enamel finish. plus it sticks really well to the veneer.
i drilled new handle holes and changed the handles to the lansa 9 5/8" handles. i love them!
i was so happy with how it turned out that i built a tv stand from some MDF i had cut at the home depot and four casters. i painted it with the one shot paint to match the wardrobe, and will eventually put a long door on the front that flips down with a lansa handle.
although it still is a work in progress, and not an extreme ikea hack, i think it turned out better than expected. if only i can figure out how to get rid of the gap between the two large doors."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- winning ikea storage
- kai's sleek stolmen desk
- ikeahacker forums now open!
- ikea pet bed
- ikeahacker forums coming soon!
- ikea spotting: soyburger's mac basement
- an effektiv bar counter
- can i make customised pax plexiglass sliding doors...
- play it again, zach!
- oppli tv bench
- cute draft stopper
- ivar media centre
- ikea bed making contest
- weave your own style into ikea
- the kullen gets glam
- do you have problems ordering ikea online?
- jerker desk cable management hack
- the genius ikea hack contest
- a mid-century inspired tufted headboard
- custom made footstool cover
- ikea fabric shopping tote
- peek-a-boo billy
- need help choosing bookcases for heavy books
- 50 cent cord dispenser
- we have a winner
- announcement: ikea recalls parodi vase
- play kitchen for under $200
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2006 (137)