here's a fresh take on the ubiquitous billy bookcase. vincent had a white billy bookcase that he refused to dump or sell when he moved to a smaller apartment. so what's left to do but hack it?
"the hack includes a white billy bookshelf, a small pint of acrylic green paint and two vattern doors. there are two reasons why i used shorter vattern doors. the first is to create a contemporary and unique look. the doors are intended NOT to cover all of the contents of the billy. the overall effect is to give a glimpse or tease of the interesting books i have. the second reason is to avoid installing puller handles to open the doors. by leaving a gap, i can easily open the open doors by pulling on the side.
the center portion of the billy displays dessert plates and hopefully a set of interesting tea pot and accessories, if we eventually find ones we like."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- winning ikea storage
- kai's sleek stolmen desk
- ikeahacker forums now open!
- ikea pet bed
- ikeahacker forums coming soon!
- ikea spotting: soyburger's mac basement
- an effektiv bar counter
- can i make customised pax plexiglass sliding doors...
- play it again, zach!
- oppli tv bench
- cute draft stopper
- ivar media centre
- ikea bed making contest
- weave your own style into ikea
- the kullen gets glam
- do you have problems ordering ikea online?
- jerker desk cable management hack
- the genius ikea hack contest
- a mid-century inspired tufted headboard
- custom made footstool cover
- ikea fabric shopping tote
- peek-a-boo billy
- need help choosing bookcases for heavy books
- 50 cent cord dispenser
- we have a winner
- announcement: ikea recalls parodi vase
- play kitchen for under $200
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2006 (137)