andy built this low slung bookcase from his ikea vestby bed frame. great repurposing of old furniture.
"i needed a low, long bookshelf, and was unable to find one to buy, so i decided to do a conversion project with my old bed, and it worked out great!
it was quite simple, and made really efficient use of the materials the vestby was comprised of. pictured below (left) are the six, six-inch long pieces of wood that were the only pieces salvaged from the original vestby (right) that i didn't use in the bookshelf. i used everything else, including all the hardware, and only needed to buy a box of screws to finish the project.
this project was actually quite cost-effective as well. the vestby costs $59 CDN, and the pine itself would cost about $70 to buy at home depot, according to my estimate."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- fitting the cyril computer cabinet for iMac
- vintage mirrored luxe for lack coffee table
- frame it in colour
- slim pantry for small kitchen
- compact computer desk organizer from mini chests
- news: bemz's serendipity slipcovers
- eva's compact ikea kitchen room divider
- bookcase sliding door hides secret passageway
- art up your malma mirror
- one million stipple side table
- desktop cable box
- black and red clothespin floor lamp
- robin inspired home theatre furniture
- vintage wallpaper for fira boxes
- hack your own custom built-in shelving
- mini web server cabinet
- customizing ikea in an eichler style home
- look ma! i'm in the running for blogger's choice a...
- gorm kitchen storage
- pimp my lamp
- convert a vestby bed frame to a bookcase
- tray desk organizer
- new blogger migration
- chris' corkboard project
- tertial chandelier
- seat underlay to wall decor
- lacy lamps
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2006 (137)