too many wires and cables snaking on and around your table? niclas from germany gives us a cable box idea to hide them all.
"i used two björken bathroom wall cabinets and mounted them together. the two björkens sit on my desktop and all cables and electrical wires are inside.
as the connecting bottom and top panels were removed the doors will not close properly, so i put in four pins which were included to hold the glass panes and rested the two glass panes over the pins. now the door closes perfectly and you can put more heavy things like an monitor on the cable box.
i put in two multiple sockets to connect all electrical stuff like monitors, lamps, printer, mobile phone charger and notebook charger. in it is also an active usb hub to connect two external hard drives (which are also placed in the björken), an usb web cam, my ipod adapter cable, my printer etc. soon i will build in a 'roll-on usb cable' (pix below, left) so i only have to pull a cable out of the björken to attach to my computer. and when i pull it out of my notebook the cable will automatically roll up.
i also cut a hole on the top side of the cabinet, the accommodate speaker and network cables."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- fitting the cyril computer cabinet for iMac
- vintage mirrored luxe for lack coffee table
- frame it in colour
- slim pantry for small kitchen
- compact computer desk organizer from mini chests
- news: bemz's serendipity slipcovers
- eva's compact ikea kitchen room divider
- bookcase sliding door hides secret passageway
- art up your malma mirror
- one million stipple side table
- desktop cable box
- black and red clothespin floor lamp
- robin inspired home theatre furniture
- vintage wallpaper for fira boxes
- hack your own custom built-in shelving
- mini web server cabinet
- customizing ikea in an eichler style home
- look ma! i'm in the running for blogger's choice a...
- gorm kitchen storage
- pimp my lamp
- convert a vestby bed frame to a bookcase
- tray desk organizer
- new blogger migration
- chris' corkboard project
- tertial chandelier
- seat underlay to wall decor
- lacy lamps
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2006 (137)