Here's another charging station, albeit a more extensive one from Jason.
He says, "I have recently been researching a charging station for myself that
(a) was relatively inexpensive,
(b) didn't look like something my father would own, and
(c) would last longer than a modified shoe box.
So, after a month of lurking and searching I decided to construct a floating landing strip / charging station for the entry way of my apartment. Taking a hint from the 'desktop cable box' posting I constructed this piece by hacking the Ikea Bjorken bathroom wall cabinet which I got at my local Ikea in Burbank, CA for $40.
I constructed it per the instructions with the door right-aligned, except I took one of the mounting reinforcements and moved down to the bottom right inside corner to prepare the cabinet for horizontal mounting. Also, I did not install the tempered glass shelves into the unit. Before mounting it onto the wall I drilled a 2 inch hole on the left (soon to be bottom) side of the cabinet to feed the surge protector into.
I mounted it using a leveler, zip tied the slack on the chargers and voila. The cut out corners of the door can be used to feed the charger cables to the top of the unit.
Simple, clean(ish), and out of the way.
1. I'm going to install a switch between the wall socket and the plug of the surge protector so I can turn it on and off as I like and be more green,
2. I'm going to drill another 2 inch hole on top (right side) of the cabinet to more cleanly feed the charger cables to the top surface, and
3. I want to nail the surge protector cable against the wall using those little plastic loop/nail combo thingies.
See more of Jason's charging station here.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Junior League House Tour
- Announcing Harry Heissmann, Inc.
- Blue and White
- Charging Station
- God made iPhones for bloggers
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Bunny Williams
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: English Basement
- Smilla construction helmet lamp
- Fniss gadget organizer and charger
- Pardon me while I lean out the window and cut some...
- Swedish Decor in the Hamptons
- The easiest, cheapest, custom drapes EVER.
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designers: Juan Montoya, ...
- Wall shelf from a coffee table with a bonus end ta...
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Charlotte Moss
- Classic Nautical Design by Suzanne Kasler
- Little updates
- Kiddy hacks
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Bathrooms
- Getting the ideal laundry hamper
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Lichten Craig
- Under-sofa toy story
- A lamp transformation
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Kathy Abbott
- It's a girl thing
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Special Events
- Lack coffee table gets a mosaic top
- Home and Garden hosts Suzanne Kasler
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Stairs and Landings
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Christopher Col...
- U.G.L.Y. (DIY shower curtain)
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Eileen Kathryn ...
- Spring Has Finally Sprung!
- Spinning version inspired by CB2's Arch Magazine R...
- Garage sale season is here!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Donald Schermer...
- Josh's restaurant wall art
- A new room to decorate -- help me decide!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Garrow Kedigian...
- A bright spark for the Gestalta
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Preview
- Liatorp-Billy fusion book cases
- Spring Fever
- Swede Hill - Green on Block Island
- Make a sofa table for under $20. (For real.)
- Pax wardrobe toy storage
- Green Acres
- Happy Easter!
- Transforming a Goodwill coffee table
- A woody window sill
- Visiting on Magazine Street
- April Showers
- I have...
- They had me at Hello!
- Trofast changing table
- Albert Hadley Drawings for Sale!
- Thank you!
- I will spray paint ANYTHING.
- Bathroom mirror, more than meets the eye
- The Bachelor Pad Photo Shoot Story
- The Great Debate: Laminate or hard wood?
- Sarah's chop and shove kitchen cart and circular s...
- A bouquet lamp
- Elizabeth Martin Design
- Tara Shaw Maison -The New Classics
- Three Days of the Condor
- Easy drapery tricks
- Dream Design Team
- A massive built-in project
- Snug desk in laundry room
- New York Design Center Sample Sale
- The transformation of a room.
- Art Smart: April Ugallery Picks
- Colour my kitchen!
- ▼ April (75)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)