Kips Bay Decorator Show House Preview

I feel like I have been at the 2009 Kips Bay Decorator Show House all day and that's because I have! I spent three hours there this afternoon on a press tour going through all the amazing rooms and meeting all the talented designers and I can tell you that you will LOVE it! Then I had an hour and a half to run home and change to go back for the black tie President's Preview Dinner as a guest of the New York Design Center and my friend Brad Ford. I ran into so many wonderful friends and designers including The Peak of Chic, Jennifer Dwyer, who I had never met before and was even seated next to Eddie Ross at the dinner! I also might have introduced myself to the doyenne of design herself, Ms. Martha Stewart. Since I work from home, I get to watch her show every day and I would have kicked myself if I didn't get a chance to tell her how much I admire her work. Oh, and no party would be complete without running into Michael Tavano!

It was a wonderful day and I have so many photos to go through and so many things to discuss that it will probably take me a week to post them all! This year's event is in honor of Mr. Albert Hadley and it was such a treat to see him in his tux and chat with him again. The room designed by Bunny Williams (above) has the most design elements related to her mentor and friend and it was fun finding them all among her new BeeLine of furniture and accessories. I think Mr. Hadley's wonderful design inspiration must have rubbed off on all the designers of the Show House because they have all created amazing rooms! I really did love them all and I can't play favorites but Garrow Kedigian's tiny little jewel box room was wonderful and Joe Nye's beautiful orange room was just lovely. Oh, and I might have a serious design crush on Juan Montoya now! He was as handsome as his room! Or maybe it was the accent! I also loved chatting with Eileen Kathlyn Boyd and Kathy Abbott about their gorgeous rooms! Everyone worked so hard and they all did an spectacular job! And best of all, it supports such a worthy cause, The Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club! I can't wait to post all the photos and write up all the posts but now it's off to bed for this Cinderella! Thanks to a ride from Wayne Nathan, I made it home before turning into a pumpkin! Check back for more detailed posts this week on all the rooms and participating designers!

Check out this stream