Dawn redecorated her kitchen a couple months ago, with a clever idea for her kitchen walls.
She says, "Living in an apartment, I'm limited in what adjustments I can make, but I was bored with my kitchen's honey colored cabinets, dark green counter tops, and ivory walls. I wanted a color on the walls and to take advantage of some under cabinet storage space.
Add color by sandwiching a piece of bright orange and red Fredrika fabric into a basic Clips frame, which fits neatly into the area between my cabinets and stove. (The areas to the side of the stove have long rectangular frames of the same style from a craft store.)
For an accessory rack I used a tension curtain rod (non-Ikea) wedged between the cabinets. A couple Bygel baskets and a Kalmar container hang perfectly from it to provide storage space. Voila! A similar plan on the opposite wall above the sink pulls the look together."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Junior League House Tour
- Announcing Harry Heissmann, Inc.
- Blue and White
- Charging Station
- God made iPhones for bloggers
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Bunny Williams
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: English Basement
- Smilla construction helmet lamp
- Fniss gadget organizer and charger
- Pardon me while I lean out the window and cut some...
- Swedish Decor in the Hamptons
- The easiest, cheapest, custom drapes EVER.
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designers: Juan Montoya, ...
- Wall shelf from a coffee table with a bonus end ta...
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Charlotte Moss
- Classic Nautical Design by Suzanne Kasler
- Little updates
- Kiddy hacks
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Bathrooms
- Getting the ideal laundry hamper
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Lichten Craig
- Under-sofa toy story
- A lamp transformation
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Kathy Abbott
- It's a girl thing
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Special Events
- Lack coffee table gets a mosaic top
- Home and Garden hosts Suzanne Kasler
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Stairs and Landings
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Christopher Col...
- U.G.L.Y. (DIY shower curtain)
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Eileen Kathryn ...
- Spring Has Finally Sprung!
- Spinning version inspired by CB2's Arch Magazine R...
- Garage sale season is here!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Donald Schermer...
- Josh's restaurant wall art
- A new room to decorate -- help me decide!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Garrow Kedigian...
- A bright spark for the Gestalta
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Preview
- Liatorp-Billy fusion book cases
- Spring Fever
- Swede Hill - Green on Block Island
- Make a sofa table for under $20. (For real.)
- Pax wardrobe toy storage
- Green Acres
- Happy Easter!
- Transforming a Goodwill coffee table
- A woody window sill
- Visiting on Magazine Street
- April Showers
- I have...
- They had me at Hello!
- Trofast changing table
- Albert Hadley Drawings for Sale!
- Thank you!
- I will spray paint ANYTHING.
- Bathroom mirror, more than meets the eye
- The Bachelor Pad Photo Shoot Story
- The Great Debate: Laminate or hard wood?
- Sarah's chop and shove kitchen cart and circular s...
- A bouquet lamp
- Elizabeth Martin Design
- Tara Shaw Maison -The New Classics
- Three Days of the Condor
- Easy drapery tricks
- Dream Design Team
- A massive built-in project
- Snug desk in laundry room
- New York Design Center Sample Sale
- The transformation of a room.
- Art Smart: April Ugallery Picks
- Colour my kitchen!
- ▼ April (75)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)