A little unfortunately incident which destroyed John's Smila Blomma turned out to be an opportunity to get creative. He ends up with a cheeky storage place for his Construction Helmet with a lamp to boot.
He says, "Unfortunately I destroyed my Smila Blomma from Ikea, due to mistreatment: I let the bulb come to close to the plastic. After removing the Blomma the construction of the lamp is as such that I could turn it easily into a (echo machine on) Construction Helmet Lamp (echo machine off). It needed just 1 screw, and I can still use the helmet as an helmet.
One can even go really nerdish and turn it into an autarkic lamp by adding a solar panel or a small windmill onto the helmet. During working day at the construction site the solar panel or windmill will charge a battery, at night the helmet can be put on the Smila Blomma construction next to for instance the wardrobe section of your house. Here it than functions as a 'Honey, I'm home' lamp." Nice!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Junior League House Tour
- Announcing Harry Heissmann, Inc.
- Blue and White
- Charging Station
- God made iPhones for bloggers
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Bunny Williams
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: English Basement
- Smilla construction helmet lamp
- Fniss gadget organizer and charger
- Pardon me while I lean out the window and cut some...
- Swedish Decor in the Hamptons
- The easiest, cheapest, custom drapes EVER.
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designers: Juan Montoya, ...
- Wall shelf from a coffee table with a bonus end ta...
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Charlotte Moss
- Classic Nautical Design by Suzanne Kasler
- Little updates
- Kiddy hacks
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Bathrooms
- Getting the ideal laundry hamper
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Lichten Craig
- Under-sofa toy story
- A lamp transformation
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Kathy Abbott
- It's a girl thing
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Special Events
- Lack coffee table gets a mosaic top
- Home and Garden hosts Suzanne Kasler
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Stairs and Landings
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Christopher Col...
- U.G.L.Y. (DIY shower curtain)
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Eileen Kathryn ...
- Spring Has Finally Sprung!
- Spinning version inspired by CB2's Arch Magazine R...
- Garage sale season is here!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Donald Schermer...
- Josh's restaurant wall art
- A new room to decorate -- help me decide!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Garrow Kedigian...
- A bright spark for the Gestalta
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Preview
- Liatorp-Billy fusion book cases
- Spring Fever
- Swede Hill - Green on Block Island
- Make a sofa table for under $20. (For real.)
- Pax wardrobe toy storage
- Green Acres
- Happy Easter!
- Transforming a Goodwill coffee table
- A woody window sill
- Visiting on Magazine Street
- April Showers
- I have...
- They had me at Hello!
- Trofast changing table
- Albert Hadley Drawings for Sale!
- Thank you!
- I will spray paint ANYTHING.
- Bathroom mirror, more than meets the eye
- The Bachelor Pad Photo Shoot Story
- The Great Debate: Laminate or hard wood?
- Sarah's chop and shove kitchen cart and circular s...
- A bouquet lamp
- Elizabeth Martin Design
- Tara Shaw Maison -The New Classics
- Three Days of the Condor
- Easy drapery tricks
- Dream Design Team
- A massive built-in project
- Snug desk in laundry room
- New York Design Center Sample Sale
- The transformation of a room.
- Art Smart: April Ugallery Picks
- Colour my kitchen!
- ▼ April (75)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)