Scott's hairstylist girlfriend gets her own "make-up" booth. I love how it closes up into some super hidden away thing, keeping a cache of sprays, mousse and combs away from prying eyes. They should have this on Shear Genius.
Let's hear it from Scott. "Recently, my girlfriend decided to move in. As a hairstylist, her only stipulation was that she get a special area to prepare. Major issues: I live in an open concept loft with contemporary interior finishings. Open concept means a mess in one corner makes the whole house a mess. So, we needed something that looked modern while being able to close the doors and hide the mess. After a lengthy search of different designer options, nothing suitable was found and anything close was incredibly expensive ($3000+). A random trip to Ikea landed me in the living room section and the office area (because it's near the windows and natural light) was changed forever."
Vanity Components/Costs (Canadian $):
-1 x Besta 120x40x128cm frame =$135
-2 x Besta Norum Doors =$190.00
-2 x 736mm Lansa Handles = $25.00
-1 x Inreda Pull-out frame = $39.99
-1 x Inreda Shelf-insert = $12.99
-3 x Inreda Plastic Tray = $50.97
-1 x Inreda Box = $25.99
-2 x Inreda Bookcase Lights = $39.98
-1 x Inreda Cabinet Lighting = $49.99
-1 x Frack Pull-out Mirror = $14.99
-1 x Kolja Mirror = $24.99
-1 x Power Bar = $8.00
Total: $617.89 (approx. US$565.90)
Note: The stool isn't Ikea, it's a Pawn Stool from Gus*. Great Canadian Designers!"
- ► 2010 (1372)
- This stuff is goooood.
- Chateau Gabriel
- Besta small entertainment unit
- More Orange
- Open letter to a new Momma
- 100th Post!!!
- Bomobob art giveaway!
- Care for some checkers?
- Orange You Glad It's Friday?!
- Cape Cod in Blue and White
- Regolit Lamps
- I can tile?
- One More Week!
- Interview at Houzz!!
- Besta Vanity/Makeup Armoire
- Interior Design Career Advice
- Pour lighting
- Color Me Happy!
- A (cedar) chest redo.
- Cozy workstation for tiny alcove
- DIY weekend
- Quirky Quadrille!
- Chic Scents by Le Labo
- Planning for Paris
- Sheet Boutique Giveaway!
- New Leash on Life!
- Super simple girly hack
- Jenna Lyons Home: The Complete View
- The Private World
- Inexpensive kitchen island from Ikea Akurum
- Fashion on Film: Part Deux
- Rewind: Kitchen Island
- Laundry basket storage hack
- A-thrifting we will go!
- Melbourne Magic!
- NYIGF: New kids on the block with oomph!
- Is the Ikea pencil going the way of the Dodo?
- Retractable Lack coffee table
- Country Couture in Vogue
- The Wedding and Wengen
- Model train display case
- NYIGF: Look who we ran into!
- A Ballard Pear
- Gifts Galore!
- Rumor has it...
- Chic in La Chamade
- Because you RAWK, a giveaway!
- Malma mirror mirror on the wall
- Chic Rustique:Part Deux
- A craft pod that hides a sewing machine
- Chic Rustique
- A garage decrapification reveal.
- Solig place mat wall art
- While I'm Away - Rewind to Last Summer
- My Favorite Things: Pre-Fall
- Akrobat cabinet with wall decals
- A black door.
- Can you hear me now?
- Calming Rooms in White
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Basement Bedroom by El...
- How to decorate your mantel.
- Jazzing Up Jack Rogers
- Light up with a Rektangel candle
- In Memoriam: John Hughes
- Getting Creative with Jute Upholstery Webbing
- A chair to rock your Summer
- Back Soon!
- Lack shelving bench
- My chalkboard obsession.
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Pool House by Lillian ...
- Coffee Table
- The Fashion Issue
- A Renovated Farmhouse in Belgium
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Living Room by Robert ...
- Display your art under the shelf
- DIY window boxes!
- Art Smart: August Ugallery Picks
- ▼ August (78)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)