Well, I've not jumped onto the iPhone bandwagon but iPhone apps have jumped into Ikea. Two app developers wrote me about their Ikea shopping apps which are great for replacing the Ikea pencil and shopping list. Personally I love scribbling with that stubby pencil. It's part of Ikea experience. Heh.
The first is from Danilo who claims to be a big nerd who programs for the iPhone and loves Ikea. You can guess where this is going.
Danilo tells me, "The golf pencil and shopping list they hand out at Ikea don't cut it for me. I built an app called SwedeShop that keeps track of your Ikea shopping list for you. Here are some screenshots:
Tap out the item name, set a price and dial in the aisle and bin. And you're done. Optionally, you can set other attributes, like notes, priority or an item image. SwedeShop minds your budget for you and vibrates if you go over. It supports all international formatting and has been localized into English as well as Swedish for good measure.
And that's about it.
SwedeShop launches on Tuesday. It'll be free for one day and cost $0.99 thereafter."
See more of the SwedeShop.
The other is from Jonathan, called the iShopFlat. Jonathan says, "Living in Sweden I see a lot of Ikea stuff. Now I did something I thought was funny and good for the environment. We did a small app to replace the shopping list at Ikea. It's called iShopFlat and is available on the iPhone AppStore.
Basically it mimics the list you find at the entrance of the Ikea store but also lets you check the price of your items as you go along."
It also goes for $0.99. See more the iShopFlat.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- This stuff is goooood.
- Chateau Gabriel
- Besta small entertainment unit
- More Orange
- Open letter to a new Momma
- 100th Post!!!
- Bomobob art giveaway!
- Care for some checkers?
- Orange You Glad It's Friday?!
- Cape Cod in Blue and White
- Regolit Lamps
- I can tile?
- One More Week!
- Interview at Houzz!!
- Besta Vanity/Makeup Armoire
- Interior Design Career Advice
- Pour lighting
- Color Me Happy!
- A (cedar) chest redo.
- Cozy workstation for tiny alcove
- DIY weekend
- Quirky Quadrille!
- Chic Scents by Le Labo
- Planning for Paris
- Sheet Boutique Giveaway!
- New Leash on Life!
- Super simple girly hack
- Jenna Lyons Home: The Complete View
- The Private World
- Inexpensive kitchen island from Ikea Akurum
- Fashion on Film: Part Deux
- Rewind: Kitchen Island
- Laundry basket storage hack
- A-thrifting we will go!
- Melbourne Magic!
- NYIGF: New kids on the block with oomph!
- Is the Ikea pencil going the way of the Dodo?
- Retractable Lack coffee table
- Country Couture in Vogue
- The Wedding and Wengen
- Model train display case
- NYIGF: Look who we ran into!
- A Ballard Pear
- Gifts Galore!
- Rumor has it...
- Chic in La Chamade
- Because you RAWK, a giveaway!
- Malma mirror mirror on the wall
- Chic Rustique:Part Deux
- A craft pod that hides a sewing machine
- Chic Rustique
- A garage decrapification reveal.
- Solig place mat wall art
- While I'm Away - Rewind to Last Summer
- My Favorite Things: Pre-Fall
- Akrobat cabinet with wall decals
- A black door.
- Can you hear me now?
- Calming Rooms in White
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Basement Bedroom by El...
- How to decorate your mantel.
- Jazzing Up Jack Rogers
- Light up with a Rektangel candle
- In Memoriam: John Hughes
- Getting Creative with Jute Upholstery Webbing
- A chair to rock your Summer
- Back Soon!
- Lack shelving bench
- My chalkboard obsession.
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Pool House by Lillian ...
- Coffee Table
- The Fashion Issue
- A Renovated Farmhouse in Belgium
- Hampton Designer Showhouse: Living Room by Robert ...
- Display your art under the shelf
- DIY window boxes!
- Art Smart: August Ugallery Picks
- ▼ August (78)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)