NYIGF: Look who I ran into!

I attended the New York International Gift Fair today and now I'm not sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow! I spent seven hours touring the Javitz Center and Pier 94.  It's exhausting and I don't know how the people who actually have to place orders do it. But it is exciting and fun to see all the new products and it's even more fun to meet all the vendors.  Some of them I only see at the NYIGF and even though the last time was six months, it seems like just yesterday.  Others I met for the first time and I even ran into some friends and fellow designers along the way.  All of them are what make the show so special. I'll be posting all my finds soon but until then, let me introduce you to some wonderful friends! 

Above are the chic and sweet duo, Jean Gaylon and Katherine Pearson of Time Frame.  They source vintage items which they frame and this time much of the them were found in Paris.  They said they were inspired by my trip to France last year which was sweet.  I wish I had gotten to the NYIGF yesterday though because most of the artwork had already been sold!  That's how fabulous everything was in their booth including the vintage framed original artwork for wallpaper above the mantel.
  
Julie Murphy is one half of the Jack and Lulu team.  She and her business partner Karen Cotchett create really chic stationery and accessories that rival some of the most expensive brands on the market.  I especially love their new desk calendar for 2011!

It was a special pleasure today to have both John Dransfield and Geoffrey Ross of Dransfield & Ross give me a tour of all the new products in their booth at Pier 94. The pillows this season are to die for as is their home that was just featured in the July/August 2010 issue of Elle Decor

Meg Cohen has a small booth of cashmere scarves and accessories that made a big impact on me.  The colors and styles were gorgeous and I can't wait to check out her store on Thompson Street soon!

Just wait until you see all the new accessories that Made Goods has added to their existing line of mirrors and lighting.  They had so much stuff that they expanded into two booths!  Chris DeWitt and Oscar Yague are always so nice when I visit too!

I met Canvas owner Andrew Corrie recently and it was so nice to catch up again.  You can find Canvas at his shop Ochre which you might already be familiar.  They are represented by Aesthetic Movement which had one of the most well designed booths at the gift show!

My friend Jessica Gold introduced me to Georgia Tapert Howe who along with her friend Caroline Cummings have created a wonderful furniture line called Carolina George.  Each piece has the ability to open up and expand and then close up to conserve space.  This is their first time at Pier 94 so make sure you stop by and say hello!

Mar Y Sol is another brand represented by Aesthetic Movement and it's founder Laurel Brandstetter couldn't be sweeter.  Her fabulous handbags and accessories are all socially and environmentally responsible and made in Madagascar and Kenya by native artisans.

Every time I meet D. Bryant Archie, she's wearing the chicest vintage clothing and jewelry so it's no surprise that she produces some of the chicest textiles.  The scarves, blankets and pillows are made of the softest alpaca and woven in Peru.  Her pieces are also environmentally friendly and she makes it a point to help give back to the communities who weave her textiles. 

Some of the vendors were a little shy and did not want to be photographed which I can understand.  The NYIGF is just as exhausting for them as it was for me!  It was nice to finally meet Julia Berger of Julia B whose line of linens I just recently featured and to see John Derian writing orders in his own booth.  I always enjoy catching up with Amy Jo Cosgrove at her mother in law Barbara Cosgrove's booth of chic lamps.  I also ran into Nicholas Manville, the 7th floor home buyer for Bergdorf Goodman and the ever lovely Carolyn Sollis of Bunny Williams.  I'm off to collapse now but will start posting more about the New York International Gift Fair tomorrow!

Check out this stream