i call this one hack of a sexy stair lighting. simon says "putting lighting into our entry stairs has proven rather, err, problematic. I haven't managed to electrocute myself trying to fit traditional lights, but it can only be a matter of time...
... it was sale time, and they [ikea] were clearing out some of the christmas lighting. that's when we saw it. several metres of electroluminescent wire (with mains transformer) for a crazy price - only £1.99." and after some tinkering ... "we now have a rather attractive and rather different lighting source for the stairs. not so bright as to dazzle, but more than enough to stop people from killing themselves on their way out of the house."
love it. love it. love it. link
rate this hack? does it twinkle?
other lighting hacks:
> make your own ikea dna lamp
> ikea fado lookalike at half price
tags: ikea, stairs, lighting, simon bisson
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- unflatpack your ikea
- dressing up billy
- hacking ikeahacker
- timtom's trio: #3 romantic palanquin bed from tupp...
- timtom's trio: #2 movable dvd player storage
- ikea 2007 catalogue now out!
- timtom's trio: #1 tupplur home cinema screen
- switch to handsfree psp viewing
- sound of silence
- ikea fado lookalike at half the price
- make your own ikea cam creature
- cheap yet chic stair lighting
- assemble a colouring book
- through the ikea 2007 peep hole
- hate the fabric colour? just paint it!
- pimp my boj
- ikea flatpacks rearranged into art
- an ikea bookcase for a swede by and by
- make your own ikea dna lamp
- how to submit your ikea hack
- a cool cuppa
- ikea hack of the month - june
- a little more fabulous
- custom cabinet
- can't stand it
- ▼ July (25)