- an ikea hemma cord set
- a 10" white acrylic replacement globe. (i ordered it online from azpartsmaster for $13.00 plus shipping.)
- drill the top "belly button" from the center of the lamp; that's the little nubbin from the mold -- I think they all have this. it's opposite the 3 1/2" hole where the "fitter" usually holds the globe on the lamp.
- tap the nubbin with an awl or nail if you have one handy, just to keep the drill from wandering away from the center.
- unwire the hemma cordset, and thread it through the hole.
- hook up the electric wires exactly the way it came apart (pay close attention because it's really important to do it correctly so it's safe!). remember black wire to copper colored connector (on mine at least).
- and you're done.
other lighting hacks:
> make your own ikea dna lamp
> cheap yet chic stair lighting
tags: ikea, fado, pendant lamp, ecoroofseverywhere