the third in timtom's series - a beautiful peekaboo bed.
"we also have a 'palanquin' bed. it's the fairy-tale kinda bed, with curtains, but I always found curtains were a bit too ... well fairy-tale-ey. so we replaced the curtains with two ikea 'blinds strips' (also tupplur, these are long pieces of fabric of about 60cm wide and 2m long you are supposed to use for these übercool sliding blinds), which I weighted on each end with some metallic bar. the electric lanterns add to the romantic touch.
not some very mind-twisting hacks, but I'm quite happy with them. life without ikea would be only half the fun."
nice. tupplur blinds, we think, are no longer in production. but enje blinds would work just as well for this hack.
> #1: tupplur home cinema screen
> #2: movable dvd player storage
tags: ikea, bed, palanquin, blinds, timtom
Thursday, July 27, 2006
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- unflatpack your ikea
- dressing up billy
- hacking ikeahacker
- timtom's trio: #3 romantic palanquin bed from tupp...
- timtom's trio: #2 movable dvd player storage
- ikea 2007 catalogue now out!
- timtom's trio: #1 tupplur home cinema screen
- switch to handsfree psp viewing
- sound of silence
- ikea fado lookalike at half the price
- make your own ikea cam creature
- cheap yet chic stair lighting
- assemble a colouring book
- through the ikea 2007 peep hole
- hate the fabric colour? just paint it!
- pimp my boj
- ikea flatpacks rearranged into art
- an ikea bookcase for a swede by and by
- make your own ikea dna lamp
- how to submit your ikea hack
- a cool cuppa
- ikea hack of the month - june
- a little more fabulous
- custom cabinet
- can't stand it
- ▼ July (25)