i had second thoughts about posting this hack, because, well, it's ugly. but then, i thought perhaps some other hacker out there may have a better solution to this piece of conversation stopper. isn't there a way to hide those horrid wads of sponge?
in case you're still wondering "what the ... ?", they are deflector/absorbing panels - made from ikea shelves. the hacker writes: "i'm thinking of a way to make them look a bit more pro, but the idea works acoustically." link.
other audio visual hacks:
> hip ikea music machine
> make an audio cabinet from lack tables
> fixing gaje speaker stands
> make your own cam creature
tags: ikea, audio, deflectors
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- unflatpack your ikea
- dressing up billy
- hacking ikeahacker
- timtom's trio: #3 romantic palanquin bed from tupp...
- timtom's trio: #2 movable dvd player storage
- ikea 2007 catalogue now out!
- timtom's trio: #1 tupplur home cinema screen
- switch to handsfree psp viewing
- sound of silence
- ikea fado lookalike at half the price
- make your own ikea cam creature
- cheap yet chic stair lighting
- assemble a colouring book
- through the ikea 2007 peep hole
- hate the fabric colour? just paint it!
- pimp my boj
- ikea flatpacks rearranged into art
- an ikea bookcase for a swede by and by
- make your own ikea dna lamp
- how to submit your ikea hack
- a cool cuppa
- ikea hack of the month - june
- a little more fabulous
- custom cabinet
- can't stand it
- ▼ July (25)