vanessa of la apartment therapy spotted this while browsing her copy of style at home, "they show a great way to dress up that blah bookcase. in the photo they purchased billy doors - attached small rods to the top and bottom of the inside of the doors (or you can use a staple gun for a quick fix), and displayed damask looking fabric in which they cut the fabric larger than the door to create a gathered look."
blah to babe in a wink. here's the link.
an otherworldly billy hack:
> make a coffin from 2 billies
tags: ikea, billy, bookcase, apartment therapy
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- unflatpack your ikea
- dressing up billy
- hacking ikeahacker
- timtom's trio: #3 romantic palanquin bed from tupp...
- timtom's trio: #2 movable dvd player storage
- ikea 2007 catalogue now out!
- timtom's trio: #1 tupplur home cinema screen
- switch to handsfree psp viewing
- sound of silence
- ikea fado lookalike at half the price
- make your own ikea cam creature
- cheap yet chic stair lighting
- assemble a colouring book
- through the ikea 2007 peep hole
- hate the fabric colour? just paint it!
- pimp my boj
- ikea flatpacks rearranged into art
- an ikea bookcase for a swede by and by
- make your own ikea dna lamp
- how to submit your ikea hack
- a cool cuppa
- ikea hack of the month - june
- a little more fabulous
- custom cabinet
- can't stand it
- ▼ July (25)