this is one sexy dining table for two that jackson built. don't you just love the curvy legs?
"this is the dining table i built using the vika fintorp table legs. first, i constructed the underframe (the black pieces of wood seen through the glass top).
essentially, i made it like a large picture frame using 45 degree miter cuts. after painting each component, i attached the legs to the frame and then simply placed the window on top. the fit is so snug between the underframe and the frame of the window that i didn't even have to connect them in any way. the total cost for this project was around $60, not including tools or painting supplies which i already had on hand. the cost rundown goes like this:
vika fintorp legs: $40
window from Habitat Restore: $5
wood for the underframe: $5
yellow paint: $10
i later painted the feet of the vika fintorp legs black, which was a very surprising improvement over the original drab gray.
i'm very happy with the way the dining table turned out and think it fits my little space perfectly!
jackson's non-ikea bonus: "the pictures also include another small hack. although it is not from ikea, it sells a very similar product. the snake plant on the table is planted inside of a simple box shelf. i cut a piece of sheet metal to the right size, liquid nailed it on the bottom of the shelf, and then caulked the inside. i think it looks great for such a simple hack."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- concrete and wood side table
- unclutter your desk with this super minimal set up...
- Bon Voyage!
- Slim Aarons' Wonderful Life
- how's this for a big capacity laundry bin?
- Habitually Chic Hotel: JK Place
- a touch of glass for the humble lack side table
- To the Manor Born
- J'adore J.Crew!
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part III
- Orange You Glad It's Friday?!
- Highland Fling
- a minimalistic desk that doesn't max out your budg...
- Absolutely Beautiful Hotel: Chateau Les Merles
- Life with Andrée
- 59cent ikea diaper bag and changing pad
- To My Shagreen
- Give Me Libertine or Give Me Death!
- Pop Paradise - Part Deux
- from drab to fab bathroom remodel
- Apres le Deluge - Part Deux
- Charity Begins at Home
- an ikea turntable ironing board
- Bibliophile Extraordinaire
- It's Raining Men
- jewelry storage and display racks
- from birch to baroque bathroom cabinet
- In Vogue
- People in Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones
- kid's chalk board table with storage
- David Jimenez: Hallmark's New Hall of Famer
- Thom Thom Club
- I Heart New York!
- In Memoriam: Brook Astor
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part Deux
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part One
- light table
- more fira mini chest hacks
- Picture Pages
- Orange You Glad it's the Weekend?!
- new look for the lampan lamp
- Is Philip Gorrivan the New David Hicks?
- a flat tv wall combo unit
- Yves Klein Part Deux
- Too Chic to Eat!
- ikea wall lighting stand mod
- Apres le Deluge
- Breaking the Rules is Chic!
- Fabulously Chic Darling!
- Rare Find Indeed
- Do Not Disturb
- jail cell to modern baby crib
- California Dreamin
- simple ideas for cat litter boxes
- Habitually Chic Store of the Week
- Art Imitates Life
- Thank you!
- microsoft surface started as an ikea hack
- ikeahacker joins liferemix
- Chic at the Beach
- Orange You Glad It's Friday!
- ikea catalogue 2008 is out!
- alicia's craft corner
- Show Stopping Stairs
- Slim Chic
- cook up a work-at-home desk
- Circular Chic
- dining table with vika fintorp legs
- ▼ August (68)
- ► 2006 (137)