We are having the most glorious weather today in New York! The sun is shining. It's warm but not too hot. There is no humidity. Everyone is happy and smiling. It's an I Heart New York Day! As opposed to an I Hate New York Day when it's raining and you can't find a cab. Your hair is frizzing and people are mean.
So it got me thinking got me thinking about all the wonderful things in New York, one of them being The Four Seasons restaurant on 52nd Street, where I happened to have been last night. Not to be confused with the Four Seasons hotel on 57th Street. They are not even in the same league.
Designed by legendary architects Mies van der Rohe and Phillip Johnson in 1959, The Four Seasons is an "architectural and gastronomical wonder that never goes out of style." The Pool Room pictured above is one of the most beautiful dining rooms in the world where guests dine under a canopy of seasonally changing trees.
The Grill Room is no less impressive with it's rosewood walls and draped chain mail curtains that shimmer and sway from the air vents below like a moving sculpture. In the Bar below adjacent to the Grill Room features a "stunning Richard Lippold sculpture made from hundreds of suspended bronze rods that brilliantly glisten as the sun sets." The restaurant also has an impressive collection of modern art masterpieces that decorate it's many dining rooms.
The Four Seasons isn't cheap but you are definitely paying for the atmosphere as much as the wonderful cuisine so it's definitely worth a visit. It's so chic and fantastic, it might just make you heart New York too!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- concrete and wood side table
- unclutter your desk with this super minimal set up...
- Bon Voyage!
- Slim Aarons' Wonderful Life
- how's this for a big capacity laundry bin?
- Habitually Chic Hotel: JK Place
- a touch of glass for the humble lack side table
- To the Manor Born
- J'adore J.Crew!
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part III
- Orange You Glad It's Friday?!
- Highland Fling
- a minimalistic desk that doesn't max out your budg...
- Absolutely Beautiful Hotel: Chateau Les Merles
- Life with Andrée
- 59cent ikea diaper bag and changing pad
- To My Shagreen
- Give Me Libertine or Give Me Death!
- Pop Paradise - Part Deux
- from drab to fab bathroom remodel
- Apres le Deluge - Part Deux
- Charity Begins at Home
- an ikea turntable ironing board
- Bibliophile Extraordinaire
- It's Raining Men
- jewelry storage and display racks
- from birch to baroque bathroom cabinet
- In Vogue
- People in Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones
- kid's chalk board table with storage
- David Jimenez: Hallmark's New Hall of Famer
- Thom Thom Club
- I Heart New York!
- In Memoriam: Brook Astor
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part Deux
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part One
- light table
- more fira mini chest hacks
- Picture Pages
- Orange You Glad it's the Weekend?!
- new look for the lampan lamp
- Is Philip Gorrivan the New David Hicks?
- a flat tv wall combo unit
- Yves Klein Part Deux
- Too Chic to Eat!
- ikea wall lighting stand mod
- Apres le Deluge
- Breaking the Rules is Chic!
- Fabulously Chic Darling!
- Rare Find Indeed
- Do Not Disturb
- jail cell to modern baby crib
- California Dreamin
- simple ideas for cat litter boxes
- Habitually Chic Store of the Week
- Art Imitates Life
- Thank you!
- microsoft surface started as an ikea hack
- ikeahacker joins liferemix
- Chic at the Beach
- Orange You Glad It's Friday!
- ikea catalogue 2008 is out!
- alicia's craft corner
- Show Stopping Stairs
- Slim Chic
- cook up a work-at-home desk
- Circular Chic
- dining table with vika fintorp legs
- ▼ August (68)
- ► 2006 (137)