Since I mentioned yesterday that American Vogue has been boring me lately, I thought I would take a moment to extol the virtues of another baby in the Vogue family, Men's Vogue.
I absolutely adore this magazine! Slim Aarons once said that he made a career out of "photographing attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places." Well, I would describe Men's Vogue as attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting, adventurous men doing attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting, adventurous things in attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting, adventurous places.
Men's Vogue is devoted to covering the best in the arts, design, politics, food, wine, clothes, collecting and culture. It's intelligent and thoughtful and should appeal to women as much as it does men. I know I find myself learning something new every time I read it!
I was also excited to come across an article about the new gallery Friedman Benda that is set to open next month since I have a friend who is about to start working there. Pictured above are owners Marc Benda and Barry Friedman with Ron Arad's Oh-Void 1 chair. The gallery will be showing cutting edge things in architectural furniture and Chinese avant-guard art. Quite a combination if you ask me. According to Benda, there is no difference between something on a canvas and something sitting on the floor and that someone like Ron Arad deserves to be exhibited beside all major sculptures. Their first show will be a new collection by 90-year old Ettore Sottsass.
Men's Vogue gives me hope that there are still attractive, intelligent, artistic, interesting and adventurous men out there and so I read it in case I finally meet one of them. That way, we'll have something interesting to talk about!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- concrete and wood side table
- unclutter your desk with this super minimal set up...
- Bon Voyage!
- Slim Aarons' Wonderful Life
- how's this for a big capacity laundry bin?
- Habitually Chic Hotel: JK Place
- a touch of glass for the humble lack side table
- To the Manor Born
- J'adore J.Crew!
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part III
- Orange You Glad It's Friday?!
- Highland Fling
- a minimalistic desk that doesn't max out your budg...
- Absolutely Beautiful Hotel: Chateau Les Merles
- Life with Andrée
- 59cent ikea diaper bag and changing pad
- To My Shagreen
- Give Me Libertine or Give Me Death!
- Pop Paradise - Part Deux
- from drab to fab bathroom remodel
- Apres le Deluge - Part Deux
- Charity Begins at Home
- an ikea turntable ironing board
- Bibliophile Extraordinaire
- It's Raining Men
- jewelry storage and display racks
- from birch to baroque bathroom cabinet
- In Vogue
- People in Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones
- kid's chalk board table with storage
- David Jimenez: Hallmark's New Hall of Famer
- Thom Thom Club
- I Heart New York!
- In Memoriam: Brook Astor
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part Deux
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse - Part One
- light table
- more fira mini chest hacks
- Picture Pages
- Orange You Glad it's the Weekend?!
- new look for the lampan lamp
- Is Philip Gorrivan the New David Hicks?
- a flat tv wall combo unit
- Yves Klein Part Deux
- Too Chic to Eat!
- ikea wall lighting stand mod
- Apres le Deluge
- Breaking the Rules is Chic!
- Fabulously Chic Darling!
- Rare Find Indeed
- Do Not Disturb
- jail cell to modern baby crib
- California Dreamin
- simple ideas for cat litter boxes
- Habitually Chic Store of the Week
- Art Imitates Life
- Thank you!
- microsoft surface started as an ikea hack
- ikeahacker joins liferemix
- Chic at the Beach
- Orange You Glad It's Friday!
- ikea catalogue 2008 is out!
- alicia's craft corner
- Show Stopping Stairs
- Slim Chic
- cook up a work-at-home desk
- Circular Chic
- dining table with vika fintorp legs
- ▼ August (68)
- ► 2006 (137)