To My Shagreen

I happened to be looking around blogland today and stumbled upon Studio Annetta's lovely blog to find that she had just profiled one of my favorite design firms, Augousti. Owners Ria and Yiouri are pictured above. You have probably seen their shagreen and snakeskin bags around, as many stores carry them but their furniture is exclusive to Barney's and it is amazing!

It just so happens that I was at Barney's recently and had photographed their shagreen desk and matching chair. It was not only beautiful but was so well crafted and thought out. The little doors on each side open to reveal storage areas, one hidden by a lid and the other for hanging folders.


The desk alone was $4,000 so I didn't even bother to check how much the chair was because if you have to ask, you can't afford it and I definitely don't think I could have afforded it, much to my chagrin. I may have to make due with one of their little clutches. They seem to be a bit more in my price range.

Check out this stream