A Shadow Falls

It's no secret that I am dying to go on an African safari but until I get there, I'm going to continue to gaze longingly at Nick Brandt's stunningly beautiful black and white photographs that I saw today on Luxury Culture. They are on exhibit at A.galerie in Paris until 24 December 2009 and are also compiled into a book A Shadow Falls that is definitely going on my Christmas list. The photos are like the gorgeous photographic love child of Peter Beard and Richard Avedon. You feel like you are looking into the souls of the animals and one could also say that Nick Brandt has also captured the soul of Africa with his photography. They will leave you moved and touched and perhaps compelled to book the next plane to Africa.












Photos by Nick Brandt

Check out this stream