Perfectly Pumpkin

Architect Gil Schafer's apartment in the West Village mixes orange and black but there is nothing scary about it! In fact, the burnt orange pumpkin color of the living room walls mixed with the espresso wool felt upholstered gallery walls and black scagliola mantle is positively divine! And then there are the Ionic columns and classical details that add to it's appeal and has me swooning. After he renovated the space, Mr. Schafer had a little help decorating it from his friend Miles Redd. Neither of them can do any wrong in my book and when I need an architect for my own home someday, I definitely know the first person I am going to call! Until then, these images are going into my orange wall color file! It's perfect!












Images from Gil Schafer

Check out this stream