Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows 2009

The Bergdorf Goodman holiday windows were still being "tweaked" tonight according to the man in charge David Hoey who I ran into when I was there to photograph them. They looked pretty great to me and I thanked David for always putting together the best windows! The theme this year is "Curiousier and Curiousier" which is inspired by Lewis Carroll and his works Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. You can already see that they swapped out the dog for a parrot in the fantasy library made out of paper. I think my favorite is the birds eye view of the red room with the king and queen playing chess and other games. The room is turned on its side and the details are exquisite! You have to wonder how they glued it all down! I also love the Victorian themed window that looks like a Valentine card and includes a Cheshire cat! The window filled with staircases was inspired by Alice in Wonderland and is entitled "Drink Me." The all mirror and glass covered silver window was of course inspired by Through the Looking Glass and reflects all the lights of Fifth Avenue. They are all amazing and even the four windows around the corner depicting animals continue the fantasy! I hope those of you who can make it to New York will stop by and see them for yourself and for those of you who can't, these photos are my present to you! Happy Holidays!



















Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

Check out this stream