A Woman's Wit

I know what I am going to be doing Friday, barring any decorating emergencies, of course. I will be first in line to view the new Jane Austen exhibition at the Morgan Library and Museum! A Woman's Wit: Jane Austen's Life and Legacy runs from November 6, 2009-March 14, 2010 and "explores the life, work and legacy" of one of Britain's most beloved female novelists. So far my knowledge of Jane Austen has been relegated to reading Pride and Prejudice and watching BBC adaptions of her work so I am excited to see her personal letters, manuscripts and early illustrated novels that will be on display so I can learn more about her. As a writer who tries to be witty, I owe a lot to this legendary lady and I look forward to paying my respects at this wonderful exhibition!

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." - Jane Austen

Check out this stream