More cat litter problem solvers. This one is from Jon and I do like how discreet it is.
"Our new apartment didn't have a good cubby to hide away the cat box like our old apartment," says Jon, "so we decided to hide the litter in plain sight. It's an easy 4 step process:
1. Find a covered cat box $30
2. Find a cabinet that it fits in (in this case, a Flaren sink cabinet)
3. Find a pet door
4. Cut a hole for the pet door and install.
I added a couple litter mats $20, one inside, one outside, and the litter tracking is almost non-existent. I put rails on the bottom of the cabinet to make the box easier to slide out for cleaning, provide some storage space to stuff litter bags, and to hold the interior mat in place. Since it is an open-backed cabinet, I nailed a sheet of corrugated plastic (like on a yard sign) to the rear to close it off. Because of this and the cat flap, odor is contained and not a problem. As an added benefit, being a sink cabinet, it is made to get wet and the surfaces are easy to clean."
See more of Jon's stealth cat litter box.
- Quick and easy cat litter box
- Snack cat litter boxes
- Compact kitty box
- No pooper cat litter
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Hail Brittania!
- A compact Mackis charging station
- Island Life
- OMG!!!! (Squealing like a 13-year-old girl!)
- Scrabble Table
- A happy bedside table
- Five dollar Spring projects!
- Dining by Design 2009
- Off To The Big Easy!
- Baseball card collage table
- Malm bed goes glam
- Spring Magic at the Mansion
- How to install a dimmer switch.
- Customised bay window desk
- Grain Sack Pillow Giveaway!!!!
- Meeting Mr. Hadley
- Gorm and the wash basin
- Four ca-ute projects under $5!
- Benjamille Chair
- Home is where the start is...
- Suzanne Kasler: Inspired Interiors
- Handsome makeover for ugly AC unit
- You know what Spring means!!
- Chic Château Boucéel
- Happy Spring!
- My most favorite room.
- Billy bookcases as room dividers
- All in a Day's Work
- The Romance Of Italy - Rimini's Grand Hotel
- Head cushions for the sofa
- Photo Shoot Fun
- My priorities are whacked.
- Broder-Lack Freestanding Shelving
- Going Gray
- Multi-tiered charging station
- Perfect Paris Penthouse
- How I stencil
- Dual personalities: LEGO table on one side, work s...
- Historic Racing Club
- Valentino: The Last Emperor
- Giveaways, Contests and Facebook! (OH MY!)
- Creating a DVD wall with lighting
- Another Billy pantry
- Industrial Kitchen Stools For All Styles
- Thad Hayes: The Tailored Interior
- Designer to Watch: Courtney Giles
- Using Ballard Designs as inspiration
- Flaren stealth cat litter box
- "Peep"-ing at Orange
- 2009 Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse Designer: Willia...
- Need kitchen space? Get a cart
- How to deal with soaring ceilings
- Flea Market Finds
- Bowling alley chair hack
- Stephen Sills Associates
- All about molding!
- French Country Living in Normandy
- Billy finds new purpose as a pantry
- A trim Lack stereo shelf
- Oh Baby!
- Gratuitous Cute Boy Post
- Don't be afraid!
- Loft and bedroom with kickass desks
- Style Star Lili Diallo
- Customised bulletin board
- Art in Design
- Art Smart: March Ugallery Picks
- Plenty from Lack
- Little bit of Spring!
- Designer to Watch: Katie Fine
- Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse 2009 Update
- Swedish Style Country Homes
- Spring Ahead
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)