Between the time change and a busy weekend, I got a late start Sunday but I decided to stop by the Antiques Garage on 25th Street anyway. The early bird may get the worm but the late bird gets the bargains! I found some really great things including a first edition of Colour in my Garden by Louise Beebe Wilder from 1918 with beautiful color plates of her garden, and large first editions of Van Gogh and the Paintings of Rembrandt for $5 each. They were actually from the booth were I found the fabulous Greek Key china but they were packing up early so they will be the first place I hit next week!
I love checking out all the costume jewelry and am always picking up long gold necklaces. The first one with the disks was only $10. Then I found another long gold chain necklace with two decorative accents on each side for $7. The chain is notched and matches the chain of a necklace I found at the Brooklyn Flea with turquoise disks. I also collect drip glaze pottery so I found a slightly ugly but pretty to me vase to add to my collection. It is marked 745 on the bottom and a little internet research revealed that it is a Brush-McCoy Pottery Onyx Bud Vase c. 1910-1930.
My favorite find was the Chinese blue and white lidded pot. I was told it was 19th-century and appears to be old but who knows if they were truthful. My research found that it is called a Kamcheng jar with lion dog (fu) finial and was used to store food. If anyone has any additional information, please feel free to share.
I went to the flea market to look for props for an up coming photo shoot and the Van Gogh and Rembrandt books will be perfect but it looks like I will have to go back next week to more objects for styling. Stay tuned in the coming weeks to hear all about it!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Hail Brittania!
- A compact Mackis charging station
- Island Life
- OMG!!!! (Squealing like a 13-year-old girl!)
- Scrabble Table
- A happy bedside table
- Five dollar Spring projects!
- Dining by Design 2009
- Off To The Big Easy!
- Baseball card collage table
- Malm bed goes glam
- Spring Magic at the Mansion
- How to install a dimmer switch.
- Customised bay window desk
- Grain Sack Pillow Giveaway!!!!
- Meeting Mr. Hadley
- Gorm and the wash basin
- Four ca-ute projects under $5!
- Benjamille Chair
- Home is where the start is...
- Suzanne Kasler: Inspired Interiors
- Handsome makeover for ugly AC unit
- You know what Spring means!!
- Chic Château Boucéel
- Happy Spring!
- My most favorite room.
- Billy bookcases as room dividers
- All in a Day's Work
- The Romance Of Italy - Rimini's Grand Hotel
- Head cushions for the sofa
- Photo Shoot Fun
- My priorities are whacked.
- Broder-Lack Freestanding Shelving
- Going Gray
- Multi-tiered charging station
- Perfect Paris Penthouse
- How I stencil
- Dual personalities: LEGO table on one side, work s...
- Historic Racing Club
- Valentino: The Last Emperor
- Giveaways, Contests and Facebook! (OH MY!)
- Creating a DVD wall with lighting
- Another Billy pantry
- Industrial Kitchen Stools For All Styles
- Thad Hayes: The Tailored Interior
- Designer to Watch: Courtney Giles
- Using Ballard Designs as inspiration
- Flaren stealth cat litter box
- "Peep"-ing at Orange
- 2009 Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse Designer: Willia...
- Need kitchen space? Get a cart
- How to deal with soaring ceilings
- Flea Market Finds
- Bowling alley chair hack
- Stephen Sills Associates
- All about molding!
- French Country Living in Normandy
- Billy finds new purpose as a pantry
- A trim Lack stereo shelf
- Oh Baby!
- Gratuitous Cute Boy Post
- Don't be afraid!
- Loft and bedroom with kickass desks
- Style Star Lili Diallo
- Customised bulletin board
- Art in Design
- Art Smart: March Ugallery Picks
- Plenty from Lack
- Little bit of Spring!
- Designer to Watch: Katie Fine
- Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse 2009 Update
- Swedish Style Country Homes
- Spring Ahead
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)