Charyl sets up a couple of wardrobes as a room divider. I know the wardrobes are not hacks but thought I'd include them for an overview of the room. The desks are nice - the Pragel countertop and Malm drawers make two good looking work spaces.
She says, "My sons are currently sharing our loft space which is about 11 x 17. We wanted to provide some sense of privacy, so used two Aneboda wardrobes as a privacy screen / storage.
We also created desks and storage for them using 73.5" Pragel countertops and two Malms. The desk runs the length of the half wall and although it's 33.5" high with the combined heights of the Malms and counters, it's comfortable with adjustable office chairs. My eldest son connected the countertops to a couple 2 x 4s on the wall and to the back of the Malms with L brackets; two adjustable legs are used on each front corner – very sturdy. He also drilled holes in the counters for cords and attached power strips right underneath. (And yes, something needs to be done with the back of the wardrobes, like wall paper or cork board!)
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Hail Brittania!
- A compact Mackis charging station
- Island Life
- OMG!!!! (Squealing like a 13-year-old girl!)
- Scrabble Table
- A happy bedside table
- Five dollar Spring projects!
- Dining by Design 2009
- Off To The Big Easy!
- Baseball card collage table
- Malm bed goes glam
- Spring Magic at the Mansion
- How to install a dimmer switch.
- Customised bay window desk
- Grain Sack Pillow Giveaway!!!!
- Meeting Mr. Hadley
- Gorm and the wash basin
- Four ca-ute projects under $5!
- Benjamille Chair
- Home is where the start is...
- Suzanne Kasler: Inspired Interiors
- Handsome makeover for ugly AC unit
- You know what Spring means!!
- Chic Château Boucéel
- Happy Spring!
- My most favorite room.
- Billy bookcases as room dividers
- All in a Day's Work
- The Romance Of Italy - Rimini's Grand Hotel
- Head cushions for the sofa
- Photo Shoot Fun
- My priorities are whacked.
- Broder-Lack Freestanding Shelving
- Going Gray
- Multi-tiered charging station
- Perfect Paris Penthouse
- How I stencil
- Dual personalities: LEGO table on one side, work s...
- Historic Racing Club
- Valentino: The Last Emperor
- Giveaways, Contests and Facebook! (OH MY!)
- Creating a DVD wall with lighting
- Another Billy pantry
- Industrial Kitchen Stools For All Styles
- Thad Hayes: The Tailored Interior
- Designer to Watch: Courtney Giles
- Using Ballard Designs as inspiration
- Flaren stealth cat litter box
- "Peep"-ing at Orange
- 2009 Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse Designer: Willia...
- Need kitchen space? Get a cart
- How to deal with soaring ceilings
- Flea Market Finds
- Bowling alley chair hack
- Stephen Sills Associates
- All about molding!
- French Country Living in Normandy
- Billy finds new purpose as a pantry
- A trim Lack stereo shelf
- Oh Baby!
- Gratuitous Cute Boy Post
- Don't be afraid!
- Loft and bedroom with kickass desks
- Style Star Lili Diallo
- Customised bulletin board
- Art in Design
- Art Smart: March Ugallery Picks
- Plenty from Lack
- Little bit of Spring!
- Designer to Watch: Katie Fine
- Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse 2009 Update
- Swedish Style Country Homes
- Spring Ahead
- ▼ March (73)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)