Wednesday, April 14, 2010
What gets to me is that instead of spending time improving and enhancing the content of this blog, I've spent many hours cutting and pasting, downloading pictures, resizing photos, setting up links and the like. I know it comes with the territory and I do take it all in my stride. But, I am sure there are ways to work smarter and be more productive.
So I came up with a Hack Submission Form. The goal is to make it easier for you to share your hacks as well as simplify the process for me to get it up on the blog. This is where I need your help. The Form is in ... ahem, cough ... beta. I need your help to iron out the kinks, report any issues and give me feedback on whether it drives you up the wall. If you have a hack that you wanted to share but haven't, this is your moment. Read this post on how you can post your hack.
The Form is in essence a contact form, nothing fancy. What I REALLY, REALLY want is a WYISWYG editor. Something like this (pix, right), where you can compose your message and get it to me in 99% "ready-to-post" form. Alas, I couldn't get WriteToMyBlog to work and I my email to its support failed to get a reply.
Besides this, I am also working on a new template. This one has been around for a year or two now and it looks tired. Hope to unveil it before we hit the start of our 4th year. (Phew! Has it been that long?)
I've also received ideas from some of you. (Thank you!) Second the idea if you think it's good and I'll see what I can do.
1. Some one suggested having a "Wish list" for people who like a hack but can't/don't know how to build it themselves. Others can choose to fulfil the wishlist for free or for a fee.
2. Another suggested that I have a "Visitor's Lounge", where first-timers to this blog can familiarise themselves with the weird and wonderful world of Ikea hacking.
3. I'm also thinking of having the "Most popular hacks", a list of the most commented/viewed hacks.
4. As well as a "Table of contents", to make searching for hacks easier.
If there are other improvements you want to see on this blog, let me know in the comments below. I look forward to hacking this site with you.
Read this to know how to post a hack. Then share your hack via this form.
- Giveaway weekend!
- Ikea leftover's garbage can with auto open
- Elegant Engan catbox
- Bon Weekend!
- My PERFEKT Wine Cabinet
- Patience grasshopper (kids room inspiration)
- Ultrasuede: In Search of Halston
- Beautiful Baths, Creative Storage
- Billy Morebo for the toilet
- Decorating Day
- Dudero – made into a real dude!
- Icons by an Icon
- Inverse Regolit
- Decrapification: The kitchen
- Reader Request
- A Home for the Vellum Book & New Giveaway!
- Picasso in The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Kitchen island on wheels
- Hiding computer nook cables and equipment
- Cocktails with The New Traditionalists
- How to change an old "ODDA" into fine art piece
- Hacking my template
- Convert 2 Vikare beds into a bunk
- Exclusive Interview with Dominique Browning & Give...
- Painting the backs of built ins
- Media Room Review
- Rainy Days
- Customizing Expedit storage boxes
- LED-Pimped Vika Lauri
- Because I’m nice
- Lessons from a Grand Home
- Bon Weekend!
- Quick Tassa Natt sconce hack
- Lack cross-shelf
- Tullsta's new legs
- Flower Girls
- Letter Perfect
- Technical Issues
- Goodwill transformations!
- Gorm Propagation Station
- Table vase
- Lady of the Manor
- Chairs Before and After
- From Sweden to Morocco
- Two Expedits, one original Mix
- From Kitchen to Home Studio
- How to install board and batten
- Project Peek
- Leksvik goes cool
- Akurum cat cabinets
- Stripe It Rich
- Sex and the City 2: Chairs for Sale
- Workstation Stolmen Hack
- Ikea Kitchen Squad ready to shock and awe
- Pop-up Paper Ikea House
- Time to tweet
- The Journey to the Finish
- How to make a headboard.
- Sex and the City 2: The Interior Design Review
- Pretty Ballerinas
- Exciting News!! & A Thank you!!!
- Happy Birthday to Me!
- Kura Bed Tent Planetarium
- Giveaway weekend!
- More of the Maine Beach Cottage
- Chic Reads: An Education
- Stora bed bracing
- River view and storage cabin bed
- I did not say “Um”
- The Frontline with Linda Fargo
- Birthday Baggage
- Doodle on my time
- Ikea Hacked OFFI Woody Table
- Blue Ceiling Beach Cottage
- I Am Love
- I need your help to make Ikeahacker better
- Macbook vertical laptop stand
- I guess I’ll go eat worms
- Checking In
- Sarah Jessica Parker: Back in Vogue
- Stainless steel desk tray for your work station
- From rugs to runners
- Happily Ever After on Madison Avenue
- A Single Headboard
- Filling wall space (in a big boy room)
- Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Modern Century
- Spring has Sprung!
- Giveaway Weekend!
- Have a cocktail on an Ivar bar
- Nordby TV bench turned into towel rack
- How to mix and match fabric
- Bon Weekend!
- A little Trofast experiment
- Chic in LA: JF Chen
- Lack spring table
- Quick Updates & Giveaway!!
- Lack retro media cabinet
- Unapologetically Extravagant
- Easy spring decor
- Kitchen pantry from scratch 'n dent cupboard
- ▼ April (111)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)