while browsing flickr i came across this snazzy chair by claire of poopscape. she not only does good with this hack, her site is chock-a-block with crafty stuff and cheeky inspiration. go check it out.
and here's how claire's chair got some chic.
"for the past two years i've been sitting on a molded plastic student chair at work because the school where I teach doesn't supply teachers with decent furniture until you make a gigantic stink about it. i went ahead and bought an ikea bonny swivel chair that was on sale and then proceeded to do my crafty thing all over it.
the reupholstery job i did was pretty easy - perhaps a little too easy and i'm still waiting for it to come apart, but so far so good. i'm sure there's a way to take the chair apart and do the job properly, but i didn't want to screw up my new chair. the way i ended up reupholstering it is pretty much reversible if i decide to remove it later on.
i used some reproduction barkcloth remnants i had left over from another project. since the cushions are somewhat flatish, it was easy to lay the fabric on them and measure that way. i cut the fabric several inches too big on all sides and tucked it into the plastic lip of the chair base using a screwdriver - i love it when i can multipurpose my tools! the plastic lip kept the fabric in place pretty well, but i squished some hot glue in a few places between the fabric and the plastic base to help anchor it. i tested my crappy reupholstering job by getting my 3 year old to bounce around on it. sound as a pound."
another chair hack:
> hate the fabric colour? just paint it!
tags: ikea, bonny swivel chair, reupholstery, claire chauvin poopscape
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- what about an ikea classifieds?
- ikea spotting: NY west village studio
- add a spot of colour to your room
- hot legs for plain chair
- please do not try this at home
- from bowl to buckler
- ikeahacker in blogger beta
- a polish for fiberboard?
- one white armchair, two black cats and a greenish ...
- christmas comes really early at ikea
- space for hacking
- magnetic key holder
- emily's gorgeous shoe storage
- see! new shiny logo
- a simple ikea bonde av hack
- claire's quick chair cover up
- how to make your own swedish meatballs
- feline physique: get an ikea stolmen cat gym
- no pooper cat litter
- look! it's a cat pod
- ikea hack of the month - july
- easy lamp makeover with post-its
- ▼ August (22)