this one's from emily - classy shoe storage hacked from kitchen cabinets. behind its good looks, you can hide a whopping 20 pairs of shoes (yes, emily, i counted!) on the side, i also love the wall decor. just perfect for the space.
emily says: "i hung a 36"x30" kitchen cabinet on the wall, added the new rubrik glass doors in white, and bought two packs of shelves. so simple! i'm going to add a perfekt abstrakt white cover panel as a 'counter top', so that the screws on top of the cabinet don't show, but i haven't quite gotten around to that yet."
from what i can see, it's already looking pretty good.
note: can't seem to locate 'rubrik' or 'abstrakt' on the ikea site. the above link leads to an abstrakt look-a-like, the applad.
Updated! February 25, 2009
Abby's Akurum shoe rack
She says, "We went with a 30" and a 39" Akurum (21" wide to fit in the space). We also got extra shelves to maximize the shoe-age! This was our first real hack, and I'm just glad they ended up level and flush!"
See more of Abby's shoe cabinet.
another shoe hack:
- magiker magic
tags: ikea, perfekt abstrakt, rubrik glass doors, shoe storage
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- what about an ikea classifieds?
- ikea spotting: NY west village studio
- add a spot of colour to your room
- hot legs for plain chair
- please do not try this at home
- from bowl to buckler
- ikeahacker in blogger beta
- a polish for fiberboard?
- one white armchair, two black cats and a greenish ...
- christmas comes really early at ikea
- space for hacking
- magnetic key holder
- emily's gorgeous shoe storage
- see! new shiny logo
- a simple ikea bonde av hack
- claire's quick chair cover up
- how to make your own swedish meatballs
- feline physique: get an ikea stolmen cat gym
- no pooper cat litter
- look! it's a cat pod
- ikea hack of the month - july
- easy lamp makeover with post-its
- ▼ August (22)