david freccia mailed me a simple one. especially handy if you're thinking of adding more shelves to your ikea bonde media unit.
"we started with the basic specifications: two bookshelves, with the three hanging shelves across the top. after a few days, i bought another set of hanging shelves, but instead of using the supplied mounting hardware, i just used basic L brackets (see pic above) to create the shelves at hip height. they are the perfect depth for av components, and maintain the clean look of the unit. nothing fancy, but it works! one neighbour asked if they were built in, and didn't believe it was an ikea hack!"
other av hacks:
> lack table audio cabinet
> movable dvd storage
> hip ikea mobile music console
> hacking gaje speaker stands
tags: ikea, bonde, av storage, david freccia
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- what about an ikea classifieds?
- ikea spotting: NY west village studio
- add a spot of colour to your room
- hot legs for plain chair
- please do not try this at home
- from bowl to buckler
- ikeahacker in blogger beta
- a polish for fiberboard?
- one white armchair, two black cats and a greenish ...
- christmas comes really early at ikea
- space for hacking
- magnetic key holder
- emily's gorgeous shoe storage
- see! new shiny logo
- a simple ikea bonde av hack
- claire's quick chair cover up
- how to make your own swedish meatballs
- feline physique: get an ikea stolmen cat gym
- no pooper cat litter
- look! it's a cat pod
- ikea hack of the month - july
- easy lamp makeover with post-its
- ▼ August (22)