Creating Holiday Window Boxes

I love the outdoor decorations during the holiday season but some of my favorites are the window boxes. Whether you live on a big country estate or in small city apartment, everyone can find room to add a little holiday decor with a window box. Here are few examples:
My Life
This arrangement is wonderful. It is so fresh and colorful. It reminds me of my sister and her shaker style house. I love the small apples, berries and pine cones. I also love evergreen and leaf mix.
Frontgate
Here is one that takes the natural look just one step further with tiny white lights. I bet this looks lovely in the evening.
Frontgate
Sugared fruit, pine boughs and white lights- simple and elegant. Both the window box and the floral decorations are available from the Frontgate catalog.
Flickr
I love the variety of greens in this box. It has so many wonderful textures and of course, the blue and red berries are a great addition.

BHG
Here is another natural arrangement. Perhaps the owners were able to gather everything they needed right from their own gardens.


Cottage Living
This box is filled with homemade snowballs and a string of white lights. I love this!! The snow balls are actually different sized styrofoam balls covered in fake snow. Here is the link for directions to make this yourself! So very clever.
http://www.cottageliving.com/cottage/gardens/article/0,21135,1683527,00.html

Garden Fairies
Here is a very sweet little "window box". I included this to remind you that anything, even an old mitten, can be made into a holder of evergreens and berries. Be creative! It is so easy to add a special sparkle to your holiday decor.

Check out this stream