I want to thank everyone for the wonderful emails and comments today! Your support and encouragement are helping me get through this scary time. I think I would be much more nervous if I didn't have the blog and all the connections that I have made from it. I am confident that things will work out for the best and definitely plan to make the most of new found time.
My first day at home has made me realize that there are actually some benefits to being unemployed such as...not having to leave your cozy apartment on the coldest day of the year. It only got to 28 degrees today! (I did actually go out later but just to pick up more diet coke!) You can stay in your robe and pajamas all day if you want to. (I don't plan on making this a habit but it was fabulous for one day! Don't worry, I got dressed to go to the store.) You spend less money by making your own lunch than you would buying it at City Bakery. (Sliced roast beef on arugula with shaved Parmesan cheese. Don't mind if I do.) You have lots of time to work out. (You actually have to motivate yourself exercise though which might be a problem.) You have time to make holiday treats, decorate and write out your Christmas cards. (You just have to make sure you give away more sweets than you sample!) And best of all, you also have more time to blog!
It was getting too hard to juggle everything with my day job so I am looking forward to having more time to put together more in depth, interesting and original posts. I also had someone contact me today about guest blogging for them. Things are definitely looking up!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- Year in review
- Happy New Year!
- Post Christmas hacks
- Counting Blessings
- Cheap gift tags (FREE!)
- Don't judge a book by its cover...
- Are you ever waiting?
- The Aftermath
- Mr. Mlinaric at Home
- Hopen/Komplement walk-in wardrobe
- Christmas Memories
- Merry Christmas!
- Polarvide tumble mat
- The tree that would not STAND UP.
- Christmas in New York
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: Gold
- Habitually Chic Gift Guide: The Art Lover
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: Marie-Antoinette
- Last minute Christmas hacks
- Make your home glow with Christmas
- Bon Voyage!
- Fun. Easy. Cheap Christmas decor.
- Another Habitually Chic Giveaway!
- Oh the weather outside is frightful!
- French chic hacks
- Pfeffer HUH and I need HOW many cookies??
- Holiday Toffee
- Barb's shabby chic bedroom
- Holiday Decorating in White
- Thanks ELLE Decor!
- TV shelf with door stoppers for legs
- Goodwill is my BFF
- Christmas Time is Here
- Habitually Chic Holiday Giveaway!
- Starry starry canopy hack
- The YSL Connection
- Maison Yves Saint Laurent
- Francesca's steel shoe rack
- It's a Christmas tree par-tay!
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: YSL
- The Corner
- Bon Weekend!
- An advent calendar done. (12 days late!)
- Habitually Chic Designer: David Collins
- The sustainable heaviness of hacking Ikea
- Yes, more greenery.
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: Chinoiserie
- Changing table to crayon storage
- Bling bling your light fixtures
- Ugallery Sale!
- An extra surface for your work top
- No Mean Reds for Me!
- 5:33 p.m.
- Our beautiful tree. Take two.
- Everything Happens for a Reason
- Tree catastrophe
- Even More Holiday Window Boxes
- The winner is...and holiday stress
- Silver and Sage
- Home office make over
- So I can put stuff in them...
- Palm Springs Paradise
- Evil, I tell you.
- Kitchen island from bookcase and table top
- Creating Holiday Window Boxes
- Maison 24's Casa B
- Tired of your bare walls? Then you gotta check thi...
- Habitually Chic Boutique: Maison 24
- Floating billies
- Behind the Windows
- Holiday Sale Time!
- Decoupaged wardrobe
- ▼ December (73)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)