5:33 p.m.

At 5:33 p.m. two years ago I thought:

I had loved

I had felt joy

I had cried

I had seen miracles

I had known the random kindness of strangers

I had felt love

I loved my husband

I knew so much

My heart was full



And then, at 5:34 p.m., this boy came into our lives:

Photobucket


And then, I understood


that there's no love like the love for your child

what unadulterated, boundless joy felt like

that I had never cried quite like that

that I'd never seen a miracle close to him

that people are mostly wonderful, kind people

that I had never felt that much love

that I had loved my husband,
but nothing like I loved him as the father of our child

that I knew nothing and everything all at once

that my heart would just burst from the joy...
but it kept growing, and growing and growing...


My baby boy has brought so much indescribable joy to our lives.
I had no idea.

I had so much fun being pregnant (till the last four weeks or so!), I had so much fun staying in the hospital for three days before he was born and two days after (high blood pressure, he came three weeks early), I had fun laboring (for 24 hours!), and had SO much fun in the delivery. Yes, I'm one of those freaks. We had fun. It was a hard two hours of pushing, but I would do his whole childbirth experience again in a heartbeat. It was easily the best two hours of my life.

And then he came. And the fun had just started.

Thank you, thank you God for picking me to be his Momma. Thank you for allowing me to raise, love and watch this boy grow.

Thank you to my Bub, for being the sweetest human being I've ever met.

Happy Birthday my Baby. Always my Baby.

Check out this stream