Jen puts Gorilla Glue to good use in this hack. That is, sticking the table top to the bookcase to create a kitchen island.
She says, "I really wanted a kitchen island, but wasn't willing to shell out the cash for it... so, i hacked one together out of Ikea parts!
It's an Expedit bookcase and a Vika Amon tabletop. Gorilla Glue together, keeping one side flush and the other side hang over, and voila! A kitchen island.
And funny enough, the Franklin folding chair fits perfectly with this hack."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- Year in review
- Happy New Year!
- Post Christmas hacks
- Counting Blessings
- Cheap gift tags (FREE!)
- Don't judge a book by its cover...
- Are you ever waiting?
- The Aftermath
- Mr. Mlinaric at Home
- Hopen/Komplement walk-in wardrobe
- Christmas Memories
- Merry Christmas!
- Polarvide tumble mat
- The tree that would not STAND UP.
- Christmas in New York
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: Gold
- Habitually Chic Gift Guide: The Art Lover
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: Marie-Antoinette
- Last minute Christmas hacks
- Make your home glow with Christmas
- Bon Voyage!
- Fun. Easy. Cheap Christmas decor.
- Another Habitually Chic Giveaway!
- Oh the weather outside is frightful!
- French chic hacks
- Pfeffer HUH and I need HOW many cookies??
- Holiday Toffee
- Barb's shabby chic bedroom
- Holiday Decorating in White
- Thanks ELLE Decor!
- TV shelf with door stoppers for legs
- Goodwill is my BFF
- Christmas Time is Here
- Habitually Chic Holiday Giveaway!
- Starry starry canopy hack
- The YSL Connection
- Maison Yves Saint Laurent
- Francesca's steel shoe rack
- It's a Christmas tree par-tay!
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: YSL
- The Corner
- Bon Weekend!
- An advent calendar done. (12 days late!)
- Habitually Chic Designer: David Collins
- The sustainable heaviness of hacking Ikea
- Yes, more greenery.
- Holiday Chic Gift Guide: Chinoiserie
- Changing table to crayon storage
- Bling bling your light fixtures
- Ugallery Sale!
- An extra surface for your work top
- No Mean Reds for Me!
- 5:33 p.m.
- Our beautiful tree. Take two.
- Everything Happens for a Reason
- Tree catastrophe
- Even More Holiday Window Boxes
- The winner is...and holiday stress
- Silver and Sage
- Home office make over
- So I can put stuff in them...
- Palm Springs Paradise
- Evil, I tell you.
- Kitchen island from bookcase and table top
- Creating Holiday Window Boxes
- Maison 24's Casa B
- Tired of your bare walls? Then you gotta check thi...
- Habitually Chic Boutique: Maison 24
- Floating billies
- Behind the Windows
- Holiday Sale Time!
- Decoupaged wardrobe
- ▼ December (73)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)