Elle Decor and John Mayer hosted a party at Armani Casa this past Tuesday night that was packed with a very stylish crowd and a lot of handsome Italian men. Why American men can't look that good in a suit is beyond me but I digress. The chicest person in the room was actually the Interior Design Director of Armani Casa, Joy Moyler! I couldn't decide if I wanted to steal her entire outfit or create a Habitually Chic award in her honor! Joy designed John Mayer's new apartment and we agreed that bachelors make the best clients! They agree with pretty much everything you suggest and are always so appreciative. The only problem with John's project was that he was always traveling so that meant a lot of emails and strangely timed phone calls but it looks like it was worth it as you can see in the September 2009 issue of Elle Decor.
Joy was kind enough to introduce me to John who said he couldn't be happier in his new apartment. Since he does travel so much, he wanted to create a more "zen" home where he would have five pairs of black pants, five black shirts, five white tees, etc. I had to joke with him about how long that could last since New York makes you want to collect things and we agreed that he might need to get a storage space. Then I was elbowed out of the way by two blond girls who wanted to have their photo taken with him and that was the end of that conversation.
The party was packed so luckily, I had stopped into Armani Casa last week to check out their wares and take some photos. It is clearly a store where fashion and design collide with very chic results. Enjoy!
Photos by Heather Clawson
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Black Magic
- Invest in Your Nest with Mitchell Gold & Bob Willi...
- One for the coop
- Built-in Besta entertainment center
- (Almost) free Halloween decor
- Michael Smith at Samuel & Sons
- iMac computer desk
- Halloween costume - Toxic barrel of waste
- Valorie's Room in the Semi Finals!
- Temporarily Under Construction
- Designing Woman
- Low budget network cabinet
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Women in Design
- Halloween goes East
- A dining room reveal!
- Movable laptop desk
- Metallic pumpkins!
- Thomas O'Brien's American Vintage Modern Casually ...
- Another great giveaway!
- Ecomodder Ikea LED hack
- Pyrography your kitchen utensil
- Suzanne Kasler's Inspired Interior at High Point
- Lack Drafting Table
- Alexa Hampton for Hickory Chair
- How to reupholster dining room chairs!
- Inspired by Christopher Peacock!
- Patrull Lathe splashguard
- High Point Highlights
- The most beautiful light (and a winner!)
- Easy soap stand
- The lowdown on the Expedit TV unit
- A mantel, spookified!
- High Point Here I Come!
- Why Don't You...
- Giveaway weekend!
- L.L. Bean Gets Chic!
- Armani Casa
- Antonius cable manager
- The table is set.
- Gorm pedalboard for guitarists
- Habitually Chic Q&A with Margaret Russell
- Hutten wine storage in Expedit unit
- Rewind: My nemesis (cords!)
- Jack Rogers Online
- Stolmen vertical pot rack
- Pierre Frey in New York
- The Sophisticated Helen Green
- Pierre Frey in Paris
- The Etsy site is LIVE!
- Cool it with this media unit
- Like Mother Like Daughter
- Stinkin' cute Halloween!
- Free paint! Get yer free paint!
- Chic Cyclists
- Nine in November
- Giveaway Winner!
- The Evolution of Design Panel Recap
- Craft cabinet
- It's my birthday and you all rawk!
- Ingo and Stefan dining set hack
- Dinner with the Prince of Chintz
- A dining hutch redo and fall fillers!
- Let's Revisit Miles Redd
- Alex gets a facelift
- Roman Flair
- Hide your cables in a Vattern
- Billy revisited
- I Wish!
- Fall favorites!
- Farrow & Ball and HC Throw a Party!
- David Hicks Gallery and Book
- How to Add "Bling" and a Giveaway!
- Fall decor for the outdoors!
- La Maison d'Hermes
- Palais Royal
- A Perfect Backdrop
- Finally, an ergonomic desk!
- A Night and Home to Remember!
- Kortnei's kitchen consultation -- before and after...
- DJ turntable setup out Ikea media center
- ▼ October (84)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)